SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2015, 03:04 PM
Joined Mar 2007
961 Posts
Discussion
Phoenix rc 5 start up help

I got this as a gift for Christmas. I have the new DX6 spektrum radio to use with it. It seems like I only have throttle full or off. Is there a way to set this? Any help getting started would be great. Thanks Ron
darticus is offline Find More Posts by darticus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2015, 03:14 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,940 Posts
All other controls working normally ? It could be dozens of things but one possibility is that, when calibrating, you didn't centre all the controls INCLUDING THE THROTTLE when you were asked to.

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Jan 11, 2015, 06:09 PM
Joined Mar 2007
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
All other controls working normally ? It could be dozens of things but one possibility is that, when calibrating, you didn't centre all the controls INCLUDING THE THROTTLE when you were asked to.

Steve
Thanks, I think that was it. I did it over and looks good now. I set it to plane which was set to heli which they said to do. Now to see how to download and save it.
Do you know about downloading and where to save it to? Thanks Ron
Old Jan 11, 2015, 08:04 PM
Joined Mar 2007
961 Posts
Should it be harder to fly on a simulator or is it my eyes. I seem to hit things due to judgement on distance from things. Is there any help out there? Thanks Ron
Old Jan 12, 2015, 03:45 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,940 Posts
Are you saying it's too hard or too easy ? If you want it easier choose basic trainer models and/or slow the simulation down. But generally the point of a simulator is to be fairly realistic. It's not supposed to be a game.

If you're hitting things could I suggest flying a bit higher .

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Jan 12, 2015, 07:56 AM
Joined Mar 2007
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
Are you saying it's too hard or too easy ? If you want it easier choose basic trainer models and/or slow the simulation down. But generally the point of a simulator is to be fairly realistic. It's not supposed to be a game.

If you're hitting things could I suggest flying a bit higher .

Steve
Meaning outside I don't hit things but in a inside soccer field on the simulator I hit walls etc. I think I can't estimate distance on the simulator. Maybe it practice. Where do you pick trainer models? Does High rates, low rates play in this? What would a good low rate be? High rate, I guess, is 100% , Thanks Ron
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:18 PM
Ca. USA
Joined Sep 2008
171 Posts
I suspect that what happens for you is just the limitation of the simulator....only size and perspective will allow us to judge distance as binocular vision off a screen isn't happening. I have the same issue and it is frustration but short of a 3D sim, I think it is not going to be solved.
Star7 is offline Find More Posts by Star7
Old Jan 12, 2015, 01:48 PM
Joined Mar 2007
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star7 View Post
I suspect that what happens for you is just the limitation of the simulator....only size and perspective will allow us to judge distance as binocular vision off a screen isn't happening. I have the same issue and it is frustration but short of a 3D sim, I think it is not going to be solved.
Agree!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:41 PM
a random dude
Joined Nov 2014
70 Posts
Oh, depth perception isn't just a problem on the simulator - it's a problem in real life too!

I was flying in a spot that I don't usually and I had to drop down over some trees to land. I was dropping down and suddenly realized I was behind the trees! Same thing can happen on the sim, but I agree it can be harder there.

You can choose other flying sites in Phoenix that don't have so many obstacles. Also agree about flying higher - same as real life. Also, when we fly RC planes, you have to turn a lot to keep the plane close to you - applies to the sim as well.

One setting in Phoenix that I cannot live without is View - Camera - Keep Ground in view. I don't think that this is turned on by default, but with it on you can always see the ground, so it's less disorienting.

hth,
sconnie
sconnie is online now Find More Posts by sconnie
Old Jan 14, 2015, 03:24 PM
Joined Mar 2007
961 Posts
Thanks very much. I will set see ground on. Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconnie View Post
Oh, depth perception isn't just a problem on the simulator - it's a problem in real life too!

I was flying in a spot that I don't usually and I had to drop down over some trees to land. I was dropping down and suddenly realized I was behind the trees! Same thing can happen on the sim, but I agree it can be harder there.

You can choose other flying sites in Phoenix that don't have so many obstacles. Also agree about flying higher - same as real life. Also, when we fly RC planes, you have to turn a lot to keep the plane close to you - applies to the sim as well.

One setting in Phoenix that I cannot live without is View - Camera - Keep Ground in view. I don't think that this is turned on by default, but with it on you can always see the ground, so it's less disorienting.

hth,
sconnie