New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2016, 03:51 AM
Find More Posts by FabriceW
Joined Jun 2016
4 Posts
Discussion
HAKRC STorM32 3 axis gimbal - control follow mode

I am planning to build a handheld gimbal with the HAKRC STorM32 3 axis gimbal for an EX5000 camera. My idea is to have a switch on my handle which can change the panning mode between hold hold pan (yaw follows, pitch and roll hold) and hold hold hold. I know that OlliW's tool allows to change this but I would like to do it on the go, without a computer.

Does anybody have experience with this?
FabriceW is offline Find More Posts by FabriceW
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2016, 01:15 PM
Find More Posts by tommal
Austria
Joined Sep 2015
209 Posts
1. you can use a bluetooth module and the app
2. you can update to a more recent version and use a "push button" to switch between different modes

Have not done this, but i was thinking about buying a 18650 flashlight and use a step up module to provide enough voltage ~8-12V to run the gimbal and add a joystick (you can use the pushbutton from the joystick too for changing modes). what is your idea for the handheld gimbal? One thing to think about is the z axis, with light cameras/gimbals you tend to move this axis more than with a heavy cam (shoulder rig...)
tommal is offline Find More Posts by tommal
Old Jun 28, 2016, 03:32 PM
Find More Posts by FabriceW
Joined Jun 2016
4 Posts
I thought about the flashlight approach with 18650's but didn't think about a step up module. The 3x 18650 flashlights were a bit too big for my liking. I just got a small 11.1V LiPo instead.
I want the gimbal to be portable and smallish for travel so I will go with just one vertical grip (a bike handle grip from Banggood) that I'll somehow attach to the gimbal with a U-profile.

The bluetooth option sounds great. Guess I'll try that, thanks!
FabriceW is offline Find More Posts by FabriceW