SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2015, 09:23 PM
Katalepsis
United States, AL, Enterprise
Joined Dec 2006
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshW24 View Post
I hope this doesn't start any kind of debate or anything.
No debate....all good. Set up well, she does fly easily. I fly almost exclusively in Stab mode with RVOSD and easy to avoid high adventure with airspeed. 5050 with a 15x8 xoar on 6S10000 gives you plenty of airspeed. My biggest issue is it does fly like a 747 and is not my first choice for proximity flying. I get aggressive with my Zephyrs but the Titan is really only good for lumbering around. I guess you can fly proximity with this but I've said it before, this is not the plane you want to try and get out of the top of a 100ft pine tree.
glorysgun is offline Find More Posts by glorysgun
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2015, 09:37 PM
aka JoshW, damightyj
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2013
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorysgun View Post
... but the Titan is really only good for lumbering around.
That's really the best word for it. I couldn't seem to put my finger on it before but I like that word to describe how it cruises.

I've done some proximity flying with it but not too much. I mostly end up being the object to follow during formation flying.
JoshW24 is offline Find More Posts by JoshW24
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:09 PM
Joined Dec 2014
8 Posts
Great! Thank you both for the flying quality descriptions. A large and lumbering aircraft is exactly what I wanted - I'll be flying around in the flat and open farmland of Ohio.

I'll still plan on getting my other aircraft flighworthy to build up some flight time experience , but this lessens my anxiety
justice_purdue is offline Find More Posts by justice_purdue
Old Mar 03, 2015, 11:23 AM
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Mar 2009
161 Posts
Pixhawk placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwallwhitworth View Post
Yeah that is the only thing so far i see that it needs, i have almost thought about making a small one, but right now i do not need to get back there.
I cut out a side hatch for my pixhawk. you can just stuff the cut out foam back in and put tape over it OR,what i did was made a cover to place over the cut out.Access is now easy to get to my pixhawk.
rotorboy2.4 is offline Find More Posts by rotorboy2.4
Old Mar 03, 2015, 12:57 PM
aka JoshW, damightyj
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2013
240 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen!
JoshW24 is offline Find More Posts by JoshW24