HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:59 AM
United States, CA, La Honda
Joined May 2014
253 Posts
Another Meridian completed

This thread appears to have died completely, but I'll post this anyhow for future generations.

I finished my Meridian yesterday, although it will be at least a week before I can fly it. I used Spektrum servos, an E-Flite Power 60B 470 KV, Talon 90 ESC, Glacier 5300 6S lipos, and Scorpion Backup Guard, which is has an external switch so I can use it with an ArmSafe. Using a Spektrum AR636 six-channel receiver and satellite. Receiver is programmed with switch-controlled AIL-RUD mix to see if I like it (mixes must be done in RX with 636). Put the lipo in close to the firewall and the plane balanced at about 3.6 inches.

I used the stock motor box but strengthened it with epoxy fillets along the seams and some carbon fiber strips. Per a suggestion from this thread, I also strengthened the landing gear and the box to which it bolts. The ESC sits just behind the firewall under the battery. I opened up the cowl scoop for cooling airflow, and cut out the oval behind the wings for an exit.

The kit itself was pretty good. The covering was as tight as a drum and well sealed. The hardware was not great but OK except for the small screws used for the control horns and servo covers. A number were deformed and unusable and the rest were bad, but I had spares from other planes. Biggest issue was the nose gear. It was a larger diameter than the steering arm.

The not- ready-to fly plane was about 7 1/4 pounds. With drive components and charged electrons it's about 9 1/4 pounds.
seldredge is online now Find More Posts by seldredge
Last edited by seldredge; Feb 21, 2015 at 11:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts