SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2015, 08:20 PM
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
654 Posts
Roger Ramjet

One of the things that I love about this plane is the 1960s "Roger Ramjet" cartoon show style.
Using my gnat sized brain, I modded the stock motor mount with CF to accept the OS 10 motor:

Cheers!
Rocket
RocketRobin is online now Find More Posts by RocketRobin
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2015, 08:23 PM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
2,961 Posts
That will be Nice!
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2015, 09:49 PM
United States, TX
Joined Jan 2013
163 Posts
Gonna look bad-ass with the 3-blade. This thing is a hoot to fly in gusty wind. I just drop the flaperons and fight it all the way to the ground. Landing speed is 0 so you can't really hurt it. I must confess I use wing skids and they're getting really worn down. You might want to buy a spare set of wheels. My tires became loose and fall off the hub. I'm using Turnigy 3536-1400 motor, APC 8x8E, Turnigy AE-45A ESC and Nanotech 4s 1600mah 25-50C lipo, also Zippy Compact 4s 1800mah 25C. It's pulling amps well beyond ESC and motor ratings so I have to limit WOT runs to a few seconds. I really need lipos with higher C rating, they get quite hot. Probably too crowded in there for bigger ones.
LedZepplin is online now Find More Posts by LedZepplin
Last edited by LedZepplin; Feb 27, 2015 at 10:12 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 06:18 PM
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
654 Posts
I have a set of 2700mAh 4s 70C lipos for my P6E and they won't fit in the Mini.
I'm not looking for big speed. With the thick airfoil of the Mini I think finding speed would be an exercise in futility.
What I'm seeking for is a capable sport plane that can perform entry level aerobatics, that will help me become a better pilot. Uhm... and still fit in my compact car.
I upgraded the motor because my field is 900M ASL and twirling a 9 x 6 prop in the thin air will get me nowhere. Also, the OS 10 is about 10% more efficient than the Elecrifly.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 06:48 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2,961 Posts
I love my OS electric motors. They are silky smooth.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2015, 07:08 PM
United States, TX
Joined Jan 2013
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRobin View Post
I have a set of 2700mAh 4s 70C lipos for my P6E and they won't fit in the Mini.
I'm not looking for big speed. With the thick airfoil of the Mini I think finding speed would be an exercise in futility.
What I'm seeking for is a capable sport plane that can perform entry level aerobatics, that will help me become a better pilot. Uhm... and still fit in my compact car.
I upgraded the motor because my field is 900M ASL and twirling a 9 x 6 prop in the thin air will get me nowhere. Also, the OS 10 is about 10% more efficient than the Elecrifly.
Actually mine is pretty fast with stock wing. I thought same thing about the thick wing so I scratch-built another with 9% airfoil. I was disappointed that the increase in speed was minimal and made the plane squirrely.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 07:13 PM
United States, TX
Joined Jan 2013
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers View Post
I love my OS electric motors. They are silky smooth.
I noticed Tower Hobbies has OS .10 for $55, same price as Rimfire .10.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 07:14 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZepplin View Post
I noticed Tower Hobbies has OS .10 for $55, same price as Rimfire .10.
For quite a while they kept putting them in the Dailey Sale. Price would get down to $37 or so. I was fortunate enough to get a couple.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:49 PM
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
654 Posts
OS motors have a bad rap due to; "those of great self importance".
The OS 05 and 28 series are not all that great, but their larger motors are ay least as good as the best.
If you run the numbers with eCalc, you can have great results with OS motors.