Old Mar 03, 2015, 02:34 PM
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
5,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker007 View Post
Anyone know the voltage of the wing tip LEDs, I burnt one out?, thanks
I don't. The method I would use to determine it would be to take a voltage reading off of the source plug in the airplane.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Mar 03, 2015, 02:54 PM
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
5,114 Posts
Good work, Hobby king...package recieved in good condition..!

Only fourteen days to get to my house from Hong Kong.

A little surprised that they shipped the fuselage in the foam container for the whole airplane. I can recall here that when this airplane was initially put on the market, they would not ship it to the U.S. due to some package size limitations. Apparently, that has been changed.

The effort they put into packing this was excellent and well thought out. Considerable labor went into it, hats off to the packer(s) that did the job.

I had considerable "help" to tackle the handling once in the house.

Sometime down the road, will tackle the resurfacing and painting to a new scheme.
Old Mar 03, 2015, 03:31 PM
New Zealand, Northland, Kaikohe
Joined Aug 2011
2,875 Posts
With all those helpers you can't go wrong. So ? A new fuse ..... to fit the old wings I guess. What are you going to do about a motor etc ?

Brent,
Kaikokid is offline Find More Posts by Kaikokid
Old Mar 03, 2015, 04:06 PM
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
5,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikokid View Post
With all those helpers you can't go wrong. So ? A new fuse ..... to fit the old wings I guess. What are you going to do about a motor etc ?

Brent,
I'm dreaming of having a complete second airframe, mostly just for something to do to keep a little 'in touch' with my hands. All loose plans right now but I'm thinking of making a set of wings from scratch along with the horizontal stabs.

Will be filling in a lot of the panel lines, etc., and doing a resurfacing with polycrylic and silkspan (tissue). I'm aiming to get a good surface finish wihout a lot of weight build up.

I hope to go forward with the older style canopy unit which I began but paused with some months back. Paint scheme likely to be of a plane that served in the Indian Ocean/Burma theater but none picked out yet. Hopefully, one with a white tail!

Motor, looking at a either a 400kv one from a distributor here in the states or the 300kv one used by FMS.
Old Yesterday, 01:33 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker007 View Post
Anyone know the voltage of the wing tip LEDs, I burnt one out?, thanks
Voltage depends mainly on LED color, so if they are the normal single LED type, any LED with same color will be fine.
Measuring voltage will not work, as there probably is a serial resistor inline. You can measure 5V at the output, but voltage will drop to 2V once the LED pulls current through the resistor.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen