SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM
United States, LA, Kenner
Joined Sep 2014
917 Posts
Discussion
Question about building first quad... Be gentle

Ok I have a bunch of quads. All Eflite/blade nano, 180, 200, 350qx2. I'm decent at flying them.

I wanted to go from plane fpv to quad mostly due to not constantly needing to go forward all the time. So I got the 350qx2 and 2nd day I had it I fried the FC board.

So I have 4 great 1100kv motors, 4 ESCs basically everything but the FC/rec.

My question is, taking the 350 apart is a major pain in the ass can I strip the guts out the 350qx2 and order a 250 frame from HobbyKing with some kind of beginner FC/rec to use for FPV?

If I can do this can anyone recommend me a good beginner frame, flight controller/reciever, please. The 5 times I flew the 350qx2 I fell in complete love with it, but I'd rather start building my own as I have done with my planes.

Thanks for everyone's time!
Rain1dog is online now Find More Posts by Rain1dog
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM
Defies Logic & Common Sense
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Jun 2012
1,228 Posts
Is the reciver build into the FC or not?

KK2 is basic but makes a good entry level board. Unless you wanted other features too. Then you could drop in a DJI, Ardupilot or Multiwii which you need to look for a board small enough to fit in.
and if the 350qx2 has a GPS see to it its compatible with these boards . If ever it saves you from buying another GPS unit.
speedactyl is offline Find More Posts by speedactyl
Last edited by speedactyl; Yesterday at 08:09 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM
United States, LA, Kenner
Joined Sep 2014
917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedactyl View Post
Is the reciver build into the FC or not?

KK2 is basic but makes a good entry level board. Unless you wanted other features too. Then you could drop in a DJI, Ardupilot or Multiwii which you need to look for a board small enough to fit in.
and if the 350qx2 has a GPS see to it its compatible with these boards . If ever it saves you from buying another GPS unit.
If I'm not mistaken the 350qx2 has the rec on the FC. Thank you for info. So it does sound like I can order a 250frame and get a FC with a rec and use everything else.
Rain1dog is online now Find More Posts by Rain1dog