Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 07:14 AM
Find More Posts by ClippedWings
Joined Jun 2013
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dFlyingMaster View Post
Thanks guys! I am using Pennzoil marine synthetic blend. I see that this might not be a good choice since marine engines are water cooled. Correct? That's a good method, I will try that. When I flood it I usually blow out the plug with my compressor. How would that work?

Thanks guys!
Chris
A Marine synthetic blend is not an ideal lubricant in an air cooled 2T engine. Some high quality 2T synthetic oils can be used for marine applications but not the other way around due to the different operating temperatures. A synthetic blend contains mineral base oils that create more deposits than pure synthetics.
Keep it simple and use good synthetic oils as higher carbon deposits can eventually result in a stuck piston ring (carbon deposits fill the piston ring groove) and loss of power or even failure. Running this type of engine on a mineral or synthetic blend oil is only good for the running in process (quicker).
ClippedWings is online now Find More Posts by ClippedWings