Old Nov 19, 2010, 04:27 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,484 Posts
New Product
New Kyosho Micro Spitfire!

Look at this: http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=106949
it has 3 independent fully encased servos, no more hit and miss worm gear ones!
that must mean it also has an esc/receiver combo, i wonder how many channels it has? *edit* i see its only 4 channel, but thats still usable.
looks like it has an 8mm motor similar to the PZ micros, so power should be good. stated weight is only 42 grams which is good for having that type of servos.
i would personally LOVE to try one of these, the gear would be totally re-usable and fairly light. on top of that, you could use the parkzone linear servos for lighter setups.

so who else wants one?
derk is online now Find More Posts by derk
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:06 AM
brings infinite surprise
kalamazoo
Joined Feb 2007
290 Posts
i love this place at 6am.

yes, i want one and i haven't had a pz plane since the citabria. might need to brush up on the ole pilot skillset before i decide to score this. good show.
mspacman1979 is offline Find More Posts by mspacman1979
Old Nov 19, 2010, 07:46 AM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
2,254 Posts
That is a nice find, and it looks to be well thought out, also more than one version of the Spitfire, very cool...
Machy2k is offline Find More Posts by Machy2k
Old Nov 19, 2010, 09:58 AM
we can take off without that
London, UK
Joined Nov 2008
904 Posts
looks amazing, nice panel lines, finish look smoother than just painted foam? clear canopy, non-undercamber wings, and a receiver you can unplug and throw away, and plug in a AR6400
what more could a guy want
green_flyer is offline Find More Posts by green_flyer
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:38 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_flyer View Post
finish look smoother than just painted foam?
I wondered about that as well, that finish is glassy-smooth and the panel lines are really crisp. Looks more like a plastic scale model than a foam plane! I'm sure it's foam based on the listed weight, but I'm not sure what kind of foam allows that kind of finish and detail. Time will tell if the production models will look like that, but so far so good!

Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Last edited by Tres Wright; Nov 19, 2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:40 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_flyer View Post
looks amazing, nice panel lines, finish look smoother than just painted foam? clear canopy, non-undercamber wings, and a receiver you can unplug and throw away, and plug in a AR6400
what more could a guy want
this receiver has a 3 amp ESC rating though, so we would need to know what the amp draw of the gearbox is before doing that so nobody fries their ar6400
derk is online now Find More Posts by derk
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:30 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,130 Posts
I know that people complain whenever a manufacturer comes out with yet another Spitfire but when it's done as well as this one who would dare complain. If you're a Spitfire guy you can never have too many (good) Spitfires.It's a really nice looking little bird. I get my Kyosho Arium spitfire tomorrow. I wonder who'll carry these in the US?
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:07 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,061 Posts
Beautiful! I never get tired of Spitfires. The father of an ex-girl friend was a Spitfire pilot and he had some amazing stories to tell. I consider the Spitfire the most beautiful war plane of all time! There are many planes that I like but none of them has the sheer grace of the Spitfire.

All that said, I will add that I seriously dislike the Kyosho tx. I have a Cherokee around someplace and I learned to dislike and distrust that tx. I am not a thumb flier. I hold the right stick like a pencil and had the damned thing come off in my hand twice before I zapped it into place. I am not fond of the left stick being spring loaded to off throttle either. I'd fix it up but it is not worth it.

In other words I love the airplane but hate its guts! Most likely I will get one and replace the guts. Might be fun to see how much motor I can put in! Too bad my ex-girl friend's father is gone. I would love to fly something like that in his back yard and see what he thinks.

Thanks for posting Derk.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Nov 19, 2010, 01:28 PM
Durban South Africa
Joined Sep 2003
188 Posts
Very Nice.
Servos on KYOSHO site look like the new 2.5 g ones available at HC.
Canopy shape lets it down somewhat ------all squashed!
surflyer is offline Find More Posts by surflyer
Old Nov 19, 2010, 01:41 PM
Joined Jun 2009
28 Posts
looks nice.
ahowrylak1 is offline Find More Posts by ahowrylak1
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:23 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surflyer View Post
Very Nice.
Servos on KYOSHO site look like the new 2.5 g ones available at HC.
Canopy shape lets it down somewhat ------all squashed!
It seems that the canopy is very hard to get right if the number of incorrect Spitfire canopy shapes means anything.

Tom Hunt is doing a "B" model conversion for the FMS P-51D. He designed the Malcolm Hood version canopy and made the plug using some high tech super expensive CAD/CAM program to get it right. He got it right. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3593231

Mike
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:44 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,363 Posts
hopefully HH/PZ will pay attention to the level of detail on this bird - imagine how nice the mustang could of been with this same treatment?
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:11 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
I think the canopy shape is from the wider than scale fuselage required for rotary servos.

It looks like it flies fast and the TX looks like the throttle will be jacked for mode 2 flying, since the picture shows both sticks centered.

I'm sure the motor isn't any hotter than a mustang motor, since the std Kyosho 8.4mm motor isn't as strong as a Sukhoi/Champ motor.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:42 PM
eRC
Joined Sep 2010
33 Posts
This looks like a brilliant plane! i wonder how much it will be... and if we will get it here in Aus...
eRC is offline Find More Posts by eRC
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:45 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRC View Post
This looks like a brilliant plane! i wonder how much it will be... and if we will get it here in Aus...
Based on other Minium AD's it will likely be about $150 USD as a plane set... you still need to buy an AD TX, but you might find one cheap from someone who was frustrated with Kyosho's earlier AD junk.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN