HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2010, 07:25 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,130 Posts
Discussion
FENIX 80 Club Build

At Dunkerhook last fall Chuck brought out his little Lazertoys FENIX chuck glider that he converted to RC. I got to fly it for about 5 minutes and was impressed by not only the high level of Chuck's building skill but in the way it flew. It's R/E/T and it flew very stably in the breezy conditions. I was even able to maintain inverted with little effort. I figured that it would make a nice travel plane so at the holiday breakfast I bought one of the ones Carlos had there.

It came out nice enough for my taste but Carlos refers to it as my "Junkyard Wars" plane. Nice. Ok, it's nowhere near the finish of Chuck's FENIX but it flies great. Apparently my use of hot glue and fiber reinforced tape offends the delicate sense of some people. Anyway, the horizontal tail is detachable by removing three screws. Mine flies really well and it even survived an "incident" at the field. I'm going 2.4 by the way.

Feel free to post your FENIX pics here. I'll post more photos if anyone's interested.

Mike

Forgot to mention that I took the photos this evening with my phone. Not the best quality.
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2010, 07:40 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,578 Posts
"The battery is held in place temporarily with a rubberband so I can move it around. I've been looking for the CG sweet spot. Flies perfect with the battery there."

The battery has no bearing in the sweet spot..... Its the RUBBER BAND that makes it fly perfect!!!!!!!
dr.E is online now Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Feb 04, 2010, 11:59 PM
Joined Jan 2004
9,130 Posts
It is a heavy rubber band. The battery weighs next to nothing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:27 PM
Joined Jan 2004
9,130 Posts
As of yesterday I beleive that 9 of the kits are going to be ordered. If you want one of these be sure to let Carlos or Sal know. Next week is the WRAM Show and that may be the cut-off for ordering one through the club officers.

Mike
BCSF Club Secretary
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2010, 01:14 PM
United States, OH, Eastlake
Joined Jan 2007
467 Posts
Fenix's

Hi this is Diane from Lazertoyz- we will be at WRAM, if you plan on getting Fenix's we can bring them there for you- you can even pre-pay by Paypal if you want, we haven't decided how many to bring so if you reserve yours ahead of time you will be sure to have them.
We will be leaving Wed. evening so we would have to know by Wed AM early.
Stop by the show and say Hi! We love our customers.

Regards,
Diane
Diane@lazertoyz is offline Find More Posts by Diane@lazertoyz
Old Mar 01, 2010, 12:30 AM
Joined Jan 2004
9,130 Posts
Flew the Fenix again today. Got 11 minutes of flight time from a 2s 800 Dynam pack. Flew with throttle modulation or fast and slow flight. Hand launch with snow landing. Flew about 8 minutes on the second pack. Flew the Guanli Catalina first. The snow was too soft to ROS the Cat so she got a handlaunch too. Did land nicely on the snow though.

Who else flew this weekend?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 13, 2010, 12:55 PM
Model specs in my blog.
Joined Apr 2005
263 Posts
Tons of Fenix info, pics, and vids here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600912
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622001
docnascar is offline Find More Posts by docnascar