SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:51 PM
Edmonds Wa. (Seattle)
Joined Nov 2003
3,926 Posts
Discussion
Proud day for us!

I am so proud that I wanted to show off a little.

I am sure many of you know about the cop that was killed up here in Seattle a few months back. Well the recruit that was with him in the drive by shooting was just out of the academy and this is a pic of our son who was in her class and was also on a ride along the same eve the Officer was killed. We have lost 5 policemen in 3 months here in Seattle. Not a good year for us.

Anyway here he is 28 and willing to do what it takes to keep us all safe!

Officer Joshua!

Scott
Littlescreamers is offline Find More Posts by Littlescreamers
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:30 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
gotta love anyone who will put themselves in harms way to benefit the rest of us. we just had one killed last week in Ottawa...............by another officer. an RCMP officer to boot, that was off on unpaid leave because of mental issues. too much of this kind of thing going on lately and makes you wonder what kind of worl we live in sometimes.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Jan 14, 2010, 01:19 AM
Florida
Joined Jul 2004
834 Posts
A man of service ! I am proud of him also, a true American!!!
In Theodore Roosevelt's April 23, 1910 speech, "Citizenship in a Republic", these lines ring true, although the entire speech should be required reading for todays children in school, because it reflects on the do'er not the say'er!

"There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of great and generous emotion, of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder"

Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Officer Joshua, may the good Lord richly bless you all the days of your life!

Jose R. Soto
D.A.V.
Thermaleer is offline Find More Posts by Thermaleer
Old Jan 14, 2010, 01:24 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,929 Posts
Scott,

That's certainly something to be proud of, for sure!
Ya gotta love it when they graduate.
Gary
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014