New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
6,303 Posts
High end higher channel is coming. Good. Just hope my A9 makes it. LOL No really glad to hear.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM
Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
336 Posts
Lots of excuses for lack of updates, solution is simple if you don't intend to release updates for your product lines, then don't put out products that are capable of being updated.
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM
Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
6,303 Posts
I only wish they updated the voice. How many more tweaks were needed? I think the base is pretty good. Especially the last update. I am sure I'll get flamed for suggesting that it isn't necessary but mine works good except for a few things that I mentioned in earlier post I would like to see changed or improved. The Optima receivers did come with promises for more options and the telemetry add ons were a sticky point for people like me who fly more then one plane. The L word was a non issue for me as I fly planks. The telemetry had so much potential.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM
Joined Jun 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
I only wish they updated the voice. How many more tweaks were needed? I think the base is pretty good. Especially the last update. I am sure I'll get flamed for suggesting that it isn't necessary but mine works good except for a few things that I mentioned in earlier post I would like to see changed or improved. The Optima receivers did come with promises for more options and the telemetry add ons were a sticky point for people like me who fly more then one plane. The L word was a non issue for me as I fly planks. The telemetry had so much potential.
I personally don't have a problem with my A9, the transmitter is great. The only problem I have is with the optimas and them not updating them to do the single line connections and expecting us to change out all of receivers if we want that function. I fly planes, helis, and multis for me the unwillingness to update is a big let down.
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM
Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Non Eius A Stupri Fucus
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,689 Posts
Late to party and only bought half box of beers
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM
Find More Posts by iadamz
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2009
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin3rsAllDay View Post
I personally don't have a problem with my A9, the transmitter is great. The only problem I have is with the optimas and them not updating them to do the single line connections and expecting us to change out all of receivers if we want that function. I fly planes, helis, and multis for me the unwillingness to update is a big let down.
What do you mean? Sbus?
iadamz is offline Find More Posts by iadamz
Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM
Find More Posts by Bigster
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
6,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iadamz View Post
What do you mean? Sbus?
I think he means PPM. It's more than a nicety with multirotors, and even required with the ImmersionRC racing quad.

I would have been happy to give Hitec my business for a PPM receiver, but I've since gotten comfortable with the Frsky stuff.
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM
Joined Jun 2012
336 Posts
Bigster is correct I was talking PPM, hitec calls it SL with their new receiver, but they refuse to update the older optima receivers to allow it. So I'll use a delta 8 to get PPM and rssi for my multis.
Old Today, 04:00 AM
Find More Posts by beenflying
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
5,035 Posts
I bet Simon Chambers could have made the optima receivers put out SL/PPM. Definitely a let down that Hitec isn't putting much effort into their flagship radio gear, like other manufacturers.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Today, 04:31 AM
Find More Posts by Justapoke
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
1,004 Posts
And we still don't have a decent Vario-meter function..

If I didn't have all these Optima / minima receivers, I would switch to a FrSky Taranis.
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke