Old Apr 30, 2015, 01:03 AM
Find More Posts by Serge Roth
Depron-addicted
Switzerland, ZH, Zurich
Joined Apr 2011
219 Posts
Discussion
FPV UMX Radian

Something new showed up on the E-Flite website: http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...=EFLU6780#home.
Serge Roth is offline Find More Posts by Serge Roth
Last edited by Serge Roth; Apr 30, 2015 at 04:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2015, 06:43 AM
Find More Posts by Julezwatts
WOT and going nowhere
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
1,033 Posts
Interesting... seems identical to what people have been doing so far.
Julezwatts is offline Find More Posts by Julezwatts
Old Apr 30, 2015, 08:07 AM
Find More Posts by Mac Smith
Germany, HE, Frankfurt
Joined Jun 2012
318 Posts
HORIZON HOBBY
identical to what people have been doing so far

scnr

To be fair, I dig the new wing decals and the clear prop.
Might as well get those if my ÁRadian needs replacement.
Mac Smith is online now Find More Posts by Mac Smith
Last edited by Mac Smith; Apr 30, 2015 at 08:27 AM.
Old May 28, 2015, 05:48 PM
Find More Posts by John234
RC Aviation Freak
United States, FL
Joined Jun 2014
258 Posts
At least its better than the new 'drone' (350 QX with heavy emphasis on it being a flying camera) they announced today (say hello to the next quadcopter to make the news for all bad reasons)...

I'm getting one.

John
John234 is offline Find More Posts by John234
Old May 29, 2015, 05:38 AM
Find More Posts by Mac Smith
Germany, HE, Frankfurt
Joined Jun 2012
318 Posts
Judging by how fast the 350QX and QX2 were replaced, I was joking there'd be a QX4 before summer.
Looks like they proved me wrong only by calling it something else entirely.

Besides, the ship is long sailed when we could get the media to make a distinction between drones (unmanned military aircraft for spying and killing) and quadcopters (toys) if the manufacturers call their toys drones themselves.
Mac Smith is online now Find More Posts by Mac Smith
Old May 29, 2015, 03:08 PM
Find More Posts by flying ferret
Joined Aug 2014
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Smith View Post
Judging by how fast the 350QX and QX2 were replaced, I was joking there'd be a QX4 before summer.
Looks like they proved me wrong only by calling it something else entirely.

Besides, the ship is long sailed when we could get the media to make a distinction between drones (unmanned military aircraft for spying and killing) and quadcopters (toys) if the manufacturers call their toys drones themselves.
That was the smartest thing Iv read on this forum in a while thanks. I am geting tired of everyone calling my radian a drone just becaus i Taped my samsung galaxy 4 to It . Yes you read corectly I taped my samsung galaxy 4 to my large radian. as for the case of this new umx radian If i could afford the gogles I would go for it in a second. at least the next time i loose sight of my radian i can throw on the goggles to see were it is. I lost mine once in the clouds but i found it
flying ferret is offline Find More Posts by flying ferret
Old Jun 05, 2015, 08:06 AM
RC Aviation Freak
United States, FL
Joined Jun 2014
258 Posts
It's in stock.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/EFLU6780

John
Old Jun 20, 2015, 07:43 PM
RC Aviation Freak
United States, FL
Joined Jun 2014
258 Posts
The video's up...

E-Flite® UMX™ FPV Radian BNF (1 min 58 sec)

And mine will hopefully come soon.

John
Old Jun 21, 2015, 05:29 AM
Find More Posts by Julezwatts
WOT and going nowhere
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
1,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John234 View Post
The video's up...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jZ8GnKX4qU

And mine will hopefully come soon.

John
Which goggles do you have?
Julezwatts is offline Find More Posts by Julezwatts
Old Jun 23, 2015, 01:27 PM
Find More Posts by ralfrcgroups
Germany, NRW, Langenfeld
Joined Oct 2011
352 Posts
Has anyone who owns the FPV Radian by now checked whether the camera could be removed of its housing? As I have read in the downloaded manual you have to secure the camera housing on the fuselage by using double stick tape - so you won't be able to remove it. But the camera is housed in a plastic cover, so I would like to know whether I can remove the camera from the housing when not flying FPV.
ralfrcgroups is offline Find More Posts by ralfrcgroups
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:45 PM
Find More Posts by wrongler
United States, NY, Brewerton
Joined Jan 2011
38 Posts
You could just take the 2 sided tape off and remove the whole camera. It just unplugs.
I have flown it a few times with the fat shark dominators and I must say its pretty good. The down side so far is flight time. About 4 min on a very windy day. 10+ mph. Have not flown it on a calm day yet?
Also wondering what the best lipo is for this with the camera?
wrongler is online now Find More Posts by wrongler
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:54 AM
Germany, NRW, Langenfeld
Joined Oct 2011
352 Posts
Ok, but so I would always have to use another/new piece of double sided tape. Peel away the old one and use a new one.... Not so good - I was looking for a solution to just remove the cam but leave the mount with the Radian.

Regarding batteries:
At the moment (without cam) I'm using the original E-flite 150mAh 25C, a Mylipo 205mAh 25C, 2 Miniaviation 220mAh 45C (which I bought for my FPV Nano, but they didn't work very well with the Nano) and a E-flite 150mAh 45C (the Original one from the Nano).
After app. 10-11min. of 'air-time' (4-5 climbs and then gliding down) the Miniaviation have 3,84v left, the Mylipo 3,77v, the 45C E-flite 3,92v, the 25C E-flite 3,88V - no batterie touched LVC with these flights. Will test again with the cam installed - but before have to repair/check the wing :-( Whilst trying to pick up the Radian in air instead of landing, I lost my grip and the plane just felt down and the end part of the wing (just were the curve begins) twisted. I've bent it back and fixed it on the bottom side with adhesive tape to keep it from bending upwards again - hope that's enough strength for flying, don't want to put glue on it.
Old Jul 07, 2015, 08:55 AM
Germany, NRW, Langenfeld
Joined Oct 2011
352 Posts
Yesterday evening I did the first flights with the mounted cam - and was disappointed!
I did 2 flights, one with the e-flite 25C 150mAh and one with the Mylipo 25C 205mAh. Both batteries were fully loaded, but with each of them after 2 moderate climbs the motor started stuttering with the next climb, which means LVC is close and I had to land. Flighttime was only maybe 4:30min. each - which is really disappointing, voltage left was 3,8V.
The flight itself so far was ok. I had some disturbances in the video when the motor was running (nothing to complain about), but when gliding the picture was clear - even with using LHCP antennas at my receiver (still waiting for some RHCPs).
I will try, when wind permits again, with the 45C e-flite and miniaviations - hopefully with a better result.....

I also was able to remove the cam from its 'radian'-housing (quite easy if you dare to bend the side stands a little bit away, then you can easily remove the cam) and so I'm now able to use the VA1100 also with some of my other micros.
Old Jul 08, 2015, 03:59 PM
Germany, NRW, Langenfeld
Joined Oct 2011
352 Posts
Are there only such a few guys flying the UMX Radian FPV? - this thread seems to be close to dead....
Where are you all?
Last edited by ralfrcgroups; Jul 13, 2015 at 05:58 AM.
Old Aug 03, 2015, 11:19 PM
Find More Posts by TonyRe
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2011
24 Posts
I hope to buy one i.e. UMX Radian to use with my FatShark Dominator goggle. I have also DJI 450 with FatShark and UAV plane but I hope to have more fun with this.
TonyRe is offline Find More Posts by TonyRe