New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:24 AM
Find More Posts by amyglyn
Joined Mar 2015
38 Posts
Nice, won't even be able to see the repair when flying that's for sure.
amyglyn is offline Find More Posts by amyglyn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2015, 03:31 PM
Find More Posts by Heirmeistr
USA, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jun 2007
385 Posts
I love that foam tac glue
Heirmeistr is offline Find More Posts by Heirmeistr
Old Jul 28, 2015, 02:25 PM
Find More Posts by sanman55
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,437 Posts
Everything went fine today Repaired gear held up nicely ...now just need to get the doors when they come in..but at altitude you could not tell that there were no nose doors and did not notice any difference in handleing...me happy....
sanman55 is online now Find More Posts by sanman55
Old Jul 28, 2015, 05:27 PM
Find More Posts by daneflyer
Joined Jan 2010
99 Posts
Crashed my stinger the other day. Was coming out of a loop and I pulled up and it just going down. Wings kind of waggled and it went in at an angle of about 40 degrees. I think it was an accelerated stall even though I know I have done asimilar loop like that before. I first though I was going to have to trash the fuse and wing, but after closer exam I was able to glue the fuse up and glue the spar where it broke out our of the wing
daneflyer is offline Find More Posts by daneflyer
Old Jul 28, 2015, 05:31 PM
Find More Posts by daneflyer
Joined Jan 2010
99 Posts
Hit post by accident�� I do need a front retract and it broke up one of the plastic pieces that the wing hold down bolts go through which is a part of a plastic set. Also need a new light and steering servo and I'll be flying again. I need to finish before I can start on my mini avanti. I may not be able to wait to start the avanti though��
daneflyer is offline Find More Posts by daneflyer
Old Jul 30, 2015, 06:22 AM
Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
2,317 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the 1680kv inrunner upgrade. I know it won't get a ton more speed, but thrust is important as I fly off grass a lot. Going to change the ESC to a Mezon 160 as well. Anybody got amp reading off that fan unit?
Enterprise7 is offline Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Jul 30, 2015, 09:09 AM
Find More Posts by Straight Up
Vertical Unlimited
Mandurah, Western Australia
Joined Mar 2007
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daneflyer View Post
Crashed my stinger the other day. Was coming out of a loop and I pulled up and it just going down. Wings kind of waggled and it went in at an angle of about 40 degrees. I think it was an accelerated stall even though I know I have done asimilar loop like that before. I first though I was going to have to trash the fuse and wing, but after closer exam I was able to glue the fuse up and glue the spar where it broke out our of the wing
Good observations and excellent diagnosis. Well done for not blaming the plane or radio system! I've had my share of hi-speed stalls with many planes. I nearly lost a scratch-built pattern plane on its maiden flight doing the exact manoeuvre you described. As they say, "live and learn". MotionRC have spares.
Straight Up is offline Find More Posts by Straight Up
Old Jul 30, 2015, 06:10 PM
Find More Posts by Heirmeistr
USA, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jun 2007
385 Posts
I am looking for a recommendation on batteries. I am in the middle of upgrading my Stinger from a 6S setup to a 8S setup (which will eventually go into the Mini Avanti). I like the green Pulse batteries I am currently using (6S 5,000 65C) but I was told Pulse does not make the equivalent in 4S.
Can anyone recommend a 4S, 5,000 battery with a high C rating?
Heirmeistr is offline Find More Posts by Heirmeistr
Old Jul 30, 2015, 07:01 PM
Find More Posts by MarkF
Battery Puffer
Orange, California, United States
Joined Nov 2001
1,214 Posts
A lot of people use the dinogy brand.
http://dinogylipos.com/4s-lipos/96-5000mah-4s-65c

Mark
MarkF is offline Find More Posts by MarkF
Old Jul 30, 2015, 07:37 PM
Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
2,317 Posts
This is another choice. You don't have to charge them to 4.27V and just use them as 5200s.

http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...0C-SILHV-label
Enterprise7 is offline Find More Posts by Enterprise7