New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 06:49 AM
Find More Posts by babipsylon
Joined Dec 2014
28 Posts
Discussion
defining level for your quad: board vs. motors level (kk 2.1.5 fv1.6)

hi

I have the kk 2.1.5 mounted on a few velcro strips, rubbers, and hot glued screws to the rubber to finally mount the kk (there are better ways to keep it perfectly level, but takes time and effort, so ...), all to limit vibrations to the sensors, as these mess up the measurements. Due to all this, my kk board is not mounted perfectly level on the quad, regarding to the motor/leg layout, when the legs/frame are/is perfectly level, the board is probably 1-3 degrees off in some direction. I did the acc calibration when my motors/legs of the quad were level. Now my quad drifts a little bit in auto-level mode, I know how to adjust this.

However I wonder if I should do the acc calibration with the KK BOARD level, or with the motors/props/legs/frame perfectly level? I guess the latter, as the level of the props determines direction of the quad? In other words, would it be theoretically possible to mount the kk board off by 45 degrees in the roll direction for example, or the pitch direction, do the acc calibration with the frame/propoellers level, and still fly the aircraft?
babipsylon is online now Find More Posts by babipsylon
to remove ads between posts