New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2015, 01:44 PM
Find More Posts by cage
Port Huron, MI
Joined Dec 2005
19 Posts
Help!
Help me ID this Dipole?

I have what I believe is a 2.4ghz dipole antenna. It is on a wifi video camera I am trying to use as an cheap FPV cam with my cell phone as a monitor. Before trying this I knew nothing about dipoles and I have only learned a few things about antenna lengths and wavelength through wiki and forum posts.

From what I can tell the ground plane is this brass tube in the caliper about 20mm long. What I really don't understand is what is piece above the brass tube. it is 21mm long and the whip is attached to it and there is no insulation between the two.

Can anyone explain the parts to this ant and ways I can reduce its size?
cage is offline Find More Posts by cage
Last edited by cage; Apr 30, 2015 at 10:27 AM.
to remove ads between posts