Old May 01, 2013, 07:04 PM
Find More Posts by silly
Fly low
Joined Jan 2012
196 Posts
Discussion
3D Hobby Shop Australia

Hi Guys,

It's been a while coming but I have pleasure in announcing a new 3D flying focused hobby business called 3D Hobby Shop Australia.

As our name suggests we are the Australian and New Zealand distributors for 3D Hobby Shop planes.

Our aim is to bring you some great 3Dable products and also foster a great 3D flying community in Australia.

Our store will be based in Melbourne and will be open for trading early July at this stage.

Take a look at the video for more information.

3D Hobby Shop Australia is coming (5 min 59 sec)

You can stay up to date with our progress by getting onto our facebook page at
https://www.facebook.com/3DHobbyShopAustralia.

Plenty of work ahead but we look forward to the challenge to bring you some great quality products.

Cheers,

Andrew
silly is offline Find More Posts by silly
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2013, 07:24 PM
Find More Posts by grizzlymatt
3DHS Addict DownUnder
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2004
806 Posts
Nice one Andrew. Been a long-time overdue.
Look forward to do doing business with you in the future.
grizzlymatt is offline Find More Posts by grizzlymatt
Old May 01, 2013, 08:26 PM
Find More Posts by silly
Fly low
Joined Jan 2012
196 Posts
Thanks for your support.

Plenty of work to get it happening but the planes are great which is the main reason I have taken the punt to get them down here.

Can't wait to get the container load in!!!
Old May 01, 2013, 10:53 PM
Find More Posts by grizzlymatt
3DHS Addict DownUnder
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2004
806 Posts
When are you expecting the first shipment?
Are you stocking the whole range?
grizzlymatt is offline Find More Posts by grizzlymatt
Old May 01, 2013, 11:35 PM
Find More Posts by WOOSHKA
Aussie 3DHS Addict :-)
Port Denison, Western Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,631 Posts
Looking forward to this as well
WOOSHKA is offline Find More Posts by WOOSHKA
Old May 01, 2013, 11:47 PM
Find More Posts by Aussie_Toyman
72" of flying, flying, flying
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
2,130 Posts
Sounds like July is the time for something from 3DHS bigger than 48"
Aussie_Toyman is offline Find More Posts by Aussie_Toyman
Old May 01, 2013, 11:53 PM
Find More Posts by silly
Fly low
Joined Jan 2012
196 Posts
Aiming for container to arrive in July some time but waiting for confirmation so don't hold me to it.

Basically I am getting what I can get my hands on. So what they had in stock at the factory and planes that are in production. The planes I mentioned in the video is what I am getting to start off with. Various quantities of course.

It's a juggling act but best thing to do is get in contact with us and we will be able to keep you up to speed with your specific stock questions.

We are at the mercy of production schedules so stock availability is to a great extent out of our hands but we have a good selection of sizes coming in and some planes that we haven't been able to get our hands on to.
Old May 04, 2013, 08:38 PM
Find More Posts by groovejet
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,952 Posts
This all sounds good, Andrew. I'm surprised that this thread hasn't received more attention, given how most of the people I know that have tried EF, 3DHS and PA planes seem to prefer the EF and 3DHS planes. I reckon that once more people find out about this, some of the Police Paddocks regulars might find themselves doing a short trip from their flying field to the 3DHS Oz HQ to get some goodness .
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old May 04, 2013, 10:46 PM
Find More Posts by silly
Fly low
Joined Jan 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
This all sounds good, Andrew. I'm surprised that this thread hasn't received more attention, given how most of the people I know that have tried EF, 3DHS and PA planes seem to prefer the EF and 3DHS planes. I reckon that once more people find out about this, some of the Police Paddocks regulars might find themselves doing a short trip from their flying field to the 3DHS Oz HQ to get some goodness .
Had reasonable interest from some other forums. Heading towards 100 likes on the Facebook page and almost 400 views of the video.

The PP boys will jump onboard once they see a few at the field. Some good interest on the 48" Extra foamy. Will be interesting to see how they fly versus other Skwings.
Old May 04, 2013, 11:52 PM
Find More Posts by edf_rookie
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2011
330 Posts
I've been flying 3DHS planes down the field for quite a while now. They have always been asking me where I got then and when they can get them in Australia. Well soon they will be able to and I made sure I let them all now this weekend

I have always been happy to pay the freight to get the best planes. That way I know it's not the planes fault but more the guy behind the sticks......

I am waiting the the 72" Extra myself. Almost bought one direct fron the US last week - glad I held off now It will make a nice flying companion to the 71" Slick.
edf_rookie is offline Find More Posts by edf_rookie
Old May 05, 2013, 02:32 AM
Find More Posts by Two Dogs Dave
No Boundaries
Australia, VIC, Forest Hill
Joined Aug 2010
1,974 Posts
I for one can't wait to get my hands on a couple of these airframes, namely the 57" and 92" Edges (for a start )

Good work Andrew!
Two Dogs Dave is offline Find More Posts by Two Dogs Dave
Old May 05, 2013, 03:45 AM
Find More Posts by silly
Fly low
Joined Jan 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edf_rookie View Post
I've been flying 3DHS planes down the field for quite a while now. They have always been asking me where I got then and when they can get them in Australia. Well soon they will be able to and I made sure I let them all now this weekend

I have always been happy to pay the freight to get the best planes. That way I know it's not the planes fault but more the guy behind the sticks......

I am waiting the the 72" Extra myself. Almost bought one direct fron the US last week - glad I held off now It will make a nice flying companion to the 71" Slick.
Thanks for spreading the word.

I'm really looking forward to the planes arriving and getting them out.

Working on a few other accessories as well. Stay tuned.
Old May 05, 2013, 04:55 AM
Find More Posts by LooseSox
Loose Sox Special Spec
Australia, SA, Modbury North
Joined Feb 2012
1,578 Posts
Well you're one like closer

I might even buy one once I master the eflite yak 54, if I ever get the balls to maiden it! I can fly a funjet inverted for ever, snap roll a mustang 2 feet off the deck and near make a radian hover but the 3 flights on my PZ extra always ended in tears. This yak scares me! lol
LooseSox is offline Find More Posts by LooseSox
Old May 05, 2013, 05:56 AM
Find More Posts by groovejet
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silly View Post
Had reasonable interest from some other forums. Heading towards 100 likes on the Facebook page and almost 400 views of the video.
That's good to hear. I imagine that it isn't cheap to buy a container-load of kits, so hopefully there are plenty of guys to help you recoup your investment in boxed kits and help make this sustainable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silly
The PP boys will jump onboard once they see a few at the field.
Without a doubt. In the past (a couple of years ago at least) when I had some 3DHS planes down at Police Paddocks, they certainly got some attention, but having to import them from America seemed to put most off buying them. They won't have that excuse for very much longer .

Quote:
Originally Posted by silly
Some good interest on the 48" Extra foamy. Will be interesting to see how they fly versus other Skwings.
Been there, done that (see the attached photo) .
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old May 05, 2013, 05:54 PM
Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,492 Posts
Just saw Joes SEFF video of the new 50-60cc Yak 55. That thing looks like a big foamy, very very floaty.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze