Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 03, 2013, 05:04 PM
Joined May 2006
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320pilot View Post
Quciktrade_1
Sounds like fun. I wonder if you were "2Km high"? That would be over 7000 feet ().
I have had my Pulsar 3.2 REF above 3000 AGL, and it was pretty small. And that was directly over the field with a cloudy background. If you transition to blue sky, when you are that high you can completely lose sight of the sailplane. Sounds like you had a taste of that So if I want to go that high, I make sure I am directly (or almost directly) over the field. That way, if I am worried I might lose sight of the sailplane, I just put out full flap, push the nose (visible as a dot!) down in a spiral dive, and wait for it to "re-appear".

Get a RAM 3 from www.soaringcircuits.com, and then you will know how high you really were.
Glad you are having fun with your new Pulsar.
Perhaps I'm exagerating a little.... It was bloody high that's for sure and certainly the highest it's ever been. Going to have a look at F5J so an altitude measuring device goes part in parcel with that type of competition.

The full size gliders in the Camden area have a 3000' AGL limit and our legal limit is 400' AGL unless otherwise approved.

Cheers,
Jason.
Quiktrade_1 is offline Find More Posts by Quiktrade_1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2014, 03:50 PM
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Aug 2006
155 Posts
3.2 fuse

I know a few of these have been crashed over the years...I am looking for the nose cone from a 3.2 ALES version if there are any out there? Thanks.
P Farley is online now Find More Posts by P Farley
Old Mar 10, 2014, 05:01 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Apr 2002
435 Posts
Side Thrust ?

Guys,

I've just "de-splooge'd" the nose of my Pulsar 3.2 Pro RES and I have my motor mounted.

Just eye-balling things there seems to be very little side thrust, or at least less than I am used to seeing.

The motor shaft is 90 degrees to the left / right plane of the front of the fuse and the spinner fit is perfect.

Maybe I looking too hard at the situation. What's been your experience ?

TIA for any feedback.

:harry
harrye is offline Find More Posts by harrye
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:21 AM
If it flies - I want one!
Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
997 Posts
Don't bother

My Pulsar has no side or downthrust and needs only down elevator compensation to control the climb (a bit from a mix, the rest by thumb).
I have used a bit of right thrust on a couple of other electric soarers, but have been unable to tell any difference.
Put it together and go flying!
Cheers,
PeteM
Petem is online now Find More Posts by Petem
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:01 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Apr 2002
435 Posts
Thanks PeteM.

:harry
harrye is offline Find More Posts by harrye
Old Mar 12, 2014, 07:43 PM
United States, VT, Brattleboro
Joined Aug 2012
63 Posts
New Electric Pulsar thread

There is more up to date E-Pulsar activity in this other thread -
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...41844&page=57\

Not that this thread lacks good info ..
bafbob is online now Find More Posts by bafbob
Last edited by bafbob; Mar 27, 2014 at 06:22 PM.