Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Today, 09:59 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Jul 2009
317 Posts
I remember asking him if it was Klass Koat, he said it wasn't but didn't remember what it was. He said he still has some of the paint left but I don't want to bug him anymore, he's already done a lot for me.

I'm going to have to go back with the OS70 4C he had in it. The mount is too small for a 60 2C and I don't want to go changing the mount after the plane is already buttoned up. I just have to reassemble the 70 that came with the plane. It is the pumped version too, never had a pumper engine before.

I ordered a new wing rod yesterday from Troy Built Models, very reasonable price compared to other CF stores. I think I'm going to have to obtain a couple of slim aileron servos, the cut outs for the servos are too narrow for standard servos.

I have the nose section about ready to be glassed, just some small areas to fill and sand. I hope to have this plane flying by next weekend if the engine still runs OK. I can't believe how light the empty fuselage is even with my repairs.

Your wing's looking good. Which version are you building? The IV?

Rick
shootnstarz is online now Find More Posts by shootnstarz
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 10:47 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Jul 2009
317 Posts
Here's mine with the nose repair, it was pretty busted up. FWIW when I picked up one of the wing panels the aileron came off in my hand, which is why I always pin my control surfaces.

Rick
shootnstarz is online now Find More Posts by shootnstarz
Last edited by shootnstarz; Today at 06:10 PM.