Jacksmobile is offline Find More Posts by Jacksmobile
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2014, 06:45 AM
United States, NJ, Middletown
Joined May 2012
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmobile View Post
Well I pulled the trigger on my 4th used Hitec eclipse 7 from the sounds of it it's gonna be a while before we get our transmitter so this gives me 7 more electric model Jets to put in the air... this is practice for my main goal of an eleven channel modellbau F86D 20 lbs turbine I have been collecting parts for the last 2 years and now have 98% of all parts needed except an 11 channel transmitter, so now what will I need to do to set up 2 Hitec eclipse 7 w/ XPS modules to operate an eleven Channel plane any suggestions???
main control surfaces on one transmitter and landing gear and brakes, air brakes and maybe the turbine kill switch on the other ....
Taranis and XPS are awesome... Here's a 13channel setup w taranis, dual Nanos and an x10+.

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1405683876251.jpg
Views: 33
Size: 78.2 KB
Description:
Name: uploadfromtaptalk1405683876251.jpg
Views: 33
Size: 78.2 KB
Description:
joshgluck is offline Find More Posts by joshgluck
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2014, 07:19 PM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
Jim, how about a sneak peek at the 3.5" color display ?
xfedex is offline Find More Posts by xfedex
Old Jul 18, 2014, 08:33 PM
North Plains Oregon
Joined Jul 2006
115 Posts
Tx

You could use an aluminum box, maybe with plastic sides like earlier radios.
This way you could vary the cut out for various size components.
When the design is cast in concrete then maybe an molded case.
Darryl Usher
Darryl Usher is online now Find More Posts by Darryl Usher
Old Jul 18, 2014, 08:46 PM
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
7,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Usher View Post
You could use an aluminum box, maybe with plastic sides like earlier radios.
At this point I'd settle for coroplast and duct tape if it meant getting my hands on one of the new transmitters.

Pete (who's only kinda kidding)
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
Old Jul 18, 2014, 09:33 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfedex View Post
Jim, how about a sneak peek at the 3.5" color display ?
Nothing too exciting, looks like the old iPhone display. I was just looking at various options because I really don't like the display that comes with these stock boxes. I don't like the display the Taranis uses either because it "bleeds" even worse than these stock display we have now.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:06 PM
Joined Oct 2010
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Nothing too exciting, looks like the old iPhone display. I was just looking at various options because I really don't like the display that comes with these stock boxes. I don't like the display the Taranis uses either because it "bleeds" even worse than these stock display we have now.
Can't argue that, but if you wait until you get to "perfect", then every day, some better component will become available (ad infinitum) and the radio will never happen.
Build and sell it with the best you've got right now and then just upgrade future models to replace the earlier ones (the way every manufacturer does it), and maybe even offer a component upgrade (a better screen for example) that can be retrofitted onto an earlier released radio.
And if it's not possible to retrofit an earlier radio, then tough, the user can just buy the newer radio if he just has to have the new one (like how the Aurora A9 was replaced by the 9X).
I happen to have an original A9, and the newer 9X holds no big upgrade that I just have to have, so I'll happily keep and use the A9 until the XPS3216 arrives.

You have the basic framework for the radio already (it's been discussed a lot in the past), so just build it, and we will buy. Then build the next "improved" one, and we'll then buy that one too if it's that much more improved over the first one.
As far as I'm concerned, all the electronics available that you offer right now works great, so if all we get is what we've already got except for the system improvements that your very own brand TX will offer, then we're all good to go. I don't care much what screen you choose to use as long as it functions for it's purpose.
Treeline is online now Find More Posts by Treeline
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:11 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
I am just looking at future options while coding is tinkered with.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member