HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:42 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1 Posts
Cut down fuselage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Yep cut it down a little to reduced the FSA to 80% which is what I like on the Wicked Wemo combo.

Don
Hi Don,

Sorry, but I'm quite a newbie to EDF so I don't really understand where you actually cut the fuselage to attain 80% FSA. Also this plane did not require a thrust tube?

Just got my T-33 kit (and eagerly awaiting the 6000kv/wemotec/dynamic balanced combo from you) so thought I'll start building the plane first but didn't want to build it 'wrong'.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post...
kweehonjin is offline Find More Posts by kweehonjin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:44 AM
Joined Sep 2006
39 Posts
Hi Don

I have your 4800 4 cell combo from a crashed Mig 15 , how will the T33 compare speed wise to the Mig ?

I have a Thunder power G6 1350mah Prolite battery which is pretty small so that should fit no problem . What was your CG on the T33 ?
SA_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by SA_Flyer
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:59 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,964 Posts
Speed is about the same for either. I typically run the CG slightly ahead of the suggested point (about 1/4" ahead).
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:21 PM
Medford, Massachusetts USA
Joined Feb 2008
361 Posts
Do you have hand launch headaches?

I used to till I made a launcher for the T-33. Usually I’d have two or three good hand launches and the fourth would be bad and I’d end up crunching the nose against the ground. Today after making my “T-33 Launcher” I had six successful launches in a row.

I went to the local Ace Hardware store and bought four feet of surgical tubing, six key rings and some 30 lbs test fishing line and some tent stakes. I used the largest key ring on the top of the tent stake with a smaller one connecting the tubing to the large one. That way you can change your launch angle depending on the changing wind. I already had on the wing two hook shaped servo arm savers left over from a Parkzone Habu that I used retracts on. They made perfect hooks to loop the two smaller key rings onto the wing. I originally was going to mount a center hook on the fuselage but I figured there was still a chance of having an unintentional roll on launch. By attaching to both wings you are guaranteed a level launch.

I also programmed one of my switches to program some up elevator for launch. I hammered the stake into the ground all the way. Then I grab the bottom of the exit nozzle on the fuselage, go to full throttle, pull back about two or three feet keeping level with the ground and off it goes. As soon as it is in the air I flip the switch to set the elevator back to normal. Perfect launch every time! No more repairing the nose from bad launches!

I also upgraded the fan/motor to a WIcked Wemo 5400kv combo dynamically balanced
also all new servos and ESC. Once in the air she is a fun EDF to fly.

Steve
Stevedots is offline Find More Posts by Stevedots
Last edited by Stevedots; Mar 15, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:33 PM
Canada, QC, Pointe-Claire
Joined Jun 2011
385 Posts
Ok, got my airframe, got my WIcked Wemo 4800kv combo and got my Genuine Hobbywing Pentium 40 amp ESC. Now, looking at the ESC programming guide, do i go with the default settings? or any changes?
Thanks
teckbot is online now Find More Posts by teckbot
Last edited by teckbot; Mar 21, 2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: mistake
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:22 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,964 Posts
The only thing I change is the cutoff from "soft" to "hard"

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:07 PM
Gustaff
Guatemala
Joined Aug 2008
18 Posts
Hi, I'm thinking about using a 55mm EDF that is sitting around, do you think would it be a problem to make it fit? Thanks in advance for your advice.
Lherning is offline Find More Posts by Lherning