HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2009, 01:57 AM
@Home
Joined Jan 2007
1,410 Posts
Discussion
Video from a ParkZone Vapor

No, I'm not trying to pull anyone's leg, this video has been recorded from a 6g video camera attached to a ParkZone Etomic Vapor (yes, the 15g indoor micro flyer).

ParkZone Vapor with onboard video camera (unedited) (3 min 16 sec)

The original video can be found here:

http://www.inetfido.com/flying/videos/20090508.avi

The video includes me getting the airplane stuck in a tree, about 20 feet off the ground (at 0:58 or so), and professionally removing it by shaking it down..

After I got it down I flew it again for about 10 minutes, but the voltage in the battery must have dropped below what the camera needs, since the video is quite distorted. I did fly it for about 5 minutes last night, but did not recharge the battery, so at this time I would estimate about 6-8 minutes of flying time with a 130mAh battery. It has been recharged and unless it's windy tomorrow morning I'll try it again (hopefully without the mosquitoes).

If you'd like to see information on the camcorder, here's what I've posted in another thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1041939

The Vapor itself is stock, no mods, except for a 130mAh Tenergy battery.

Vas
VasMan is offline Find More Posts by VasMan
Last edited by VasMan; May 09, 2009 at 02:20 AM. Reason: YouTube link fixed.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2009, 02:53 AM
Joined May 2009
22 Posts
The original weight of the spy pen was 50g.....How could you stripped down to 6g? You only remove the "case" of the pen?
CostaRica1 is offline Find More Posts by CostaRica1
Old May 09, 2009, 11:14 AM
@Home
Joined Jan 2007
1,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CostaRica1
The original weight of the spy pen was 50g.....How could you stripped down to 6g? You only remove the "case" of the pen?
I have covered some of it in this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...20&postcount=9

Essentially there is nothing to the camera, just a 4GB USB memory stick with a tiny camera. I did remove the USB connector, which saved about 2g of weight.

Vas
VasMan is offline Find More Posts by VasMan
Old Feb 12, 2010, 07:00 AM
Newpaltz, NY
Joined Dec 2009
248 Posts
Very cool
JMeyers is offline Find More Posts by JMeyers