HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2004, 03:35 PM
Retired Slope Racer
SoCal
Joined May 2003
2,540 Posts
Requesting Permission and Participation for MoM at Lake Hills

We (SCSR) are looking for suitable race sites for this Sunday's 48" foam and 60" crunchy Man on Man race.

I've heard that the upper part to Lake Hills is under construction now, but what about the Lower part near the street entrance? Is that still flyable/accessible?

If it is, anyone mind if we fly there this Sunday?

Any of you with all those MiniBlades or any other 60" rigid plane want to come play with us?

Cheers,

Nathan Woods
(949) 280-5710 cell
nwoods is offline Find More Posts by nwoods
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2004, 09:07 AM
That Freeking Laird Guy
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2002
9,147 Posts
Lake hills is Dead, gone, buried under many many house pads top and bottom. Can't fly there no mo no mo no mo no mo........

TFLG
TFLG is online now Find More Posts by TFLG
Old Dec 17, 2004, 10:01 AM
Southern California
Joined Sep 2003
6,903 Posts
Nathan---- you could hold the event at Valley View possibly--- or Little Mountain. Joe Manor can help show you the way to VV-- you know Little Mtn. FYI Tim
timmig is offline Find More Posts by timmig
Old Dec 17, 2004, 10:24 AM
That Freeking Laird Guy
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2002
9,147 Posts
The forcast for Sunday looks bad out here in the IE. It looks like sunday is gonna be dead out here. Saturday has a good chance on air and I might try to check out the Valley View hill. The forcast is still calling for NE winds up in the Parker Mt area though on Sunday. You might be better off looking out that way again.

TFLG
TFLG is online now Find More Posts by TFLG
Old Dec 17, 2004, 04:01 PM
Retired Slope Racer
SoCal
Joined May 2003
2,540 Posts
Thanks guys, we've had a hard time getting directions to Valley View, so we haven't been able to send anyone out to investigate. Looks like Rey want's to use the previously tested Beacon Ridge off the Templin Highway (north of Castiac)

I personally think the Club Hill would be great, and it's close by! Oh well. Too bad about Lake Hills, that's a major bummer.

NW
nwoods is offline Find More Posts by nwoods
Old Dec 17, 2004, 08:51 PM
Stay in it!!!!
Riverside, California, United States
Joined Aug 2004
5,050 Posts
Im going to valley view tomorrow if theres wind. I have mentioned before I would be glad to show anyone the way to valley view but I dont know the street names yet. ill be sure to get directions next time I go up. joe
joe manor is offline Find More Posts by joe manor
Old Dec 18, 2004, 12:17 AM
Moderatee buncha places
Southern California
Joined Aug 2003
1,939 Posts
hey now
I flew lake hills yesterday

Sure there are some pads there but the flying still worked.
Tawg is offline Find More Posts by Tawg