HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:20 PM
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Sep 2009
556 Posts
New Product
Rotor Concept Spycopter 4

I was walking through the AMA Expo last month and have been eying the Helis and the Quads and such and came across the Rotor Concept booth. They were selling this all in one package RTF Heli for only $99.

It comes complete with Transmitter, battery, charger and the Heli.

You can see the details of the Heli here: http://www.rotorconcept.com/sp4.asp

Once I got this thing home and took it to the park for a little first flight, I did pretty well, considering I've never flown a Heli. I did happen to cut power once while at about 10 feet from the ground and it landed pretty hard. Nothing really broke, however I lost a tail rotor screw and a bushing/spacer. It took me several tries to get ahold of the company and never really got anywhere with that, so I started looking around and found that this Heli looks exactly like the Walkera v200d01. I then did a search and found my needed screws and bushing/spacer here in the Parts/Upgrades tab: http://www.xheli.com/walkeraheli-v20...1-rtf-lcd.html

The parts from xheli website are definitely much cheaper.

Here is from the Website:
Spycopter 4 Features:
4 Channel remote control set includes complete Forward/Backward, Left/Right, Up/Down control (RUDDER, AILERON, ELEVATOR, AND THROTTLE)
New 2.4 GHz Spread Spectrum Transmitter, Reliable Spread Spectrum Mixer/Gyro Control, More Stable Flight,
New 2.4GHz technology, with the functions of automatic code pairing and ID assignment, strong anti-jamming, and allows more than 20 aircrafts to fly at the same field at same time
4-Channel 2.4GHz transmitter with digital LCDdisplay

Utilizes the 2.4G 4-in-1 receiving circuit with the functions of servo extent adjustment and built-in gyro sensitivity adjustment.
CNC metal rotor head, single rotor design with brushless motor direct shaft drive for tail rotor with collective pitch control.
Navigation lighting included.
Flight duration up to 12 minutes, distance up to 1 mile radius and up to 2,000 feet high.
Comes complete with battery charger, radio control and fully assembled, ready-to-fly helicopter.

Here are a few photos from the site and one in the night that I've taken.

Ken
Yablonsky is offline Find More Posts by Yablonsky
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:34 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
That's definitely a V200D01 and it's a great find. It's not very durable and it is obsolete, so stock up on parts while you can. The gears for the tail drive are the most critical parts, front and rear.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:38 PM
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Sep 2009
556 Posts
Thank for the input....I'll definitely stock up on things I think might get broken.

Ken
Yablonsky is offline Find More Posts by Yablonsky