HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2012, 07:45 PM
United States, MD, Pasadena
Joined Jan 2012
15 Posts
Discussion
Belt CP V2 helped needed -

If you don't like reading - cut to the chase at the bottom

I have two Belt CP V2's - one Carbon Fiber edition(RTF) and the green version (kit - no radio stuff, servos, motor, ect.).
I'd like to set the green version up as the one to learn on and I'd like to set the carbon fiber edition one up as my hot rod that is ready after I stop crashing the green one as much. Notice I said as much, not ever crashing again.

Some background and current equipment:
I currently have a Novus Cx, CB100, V200DQ02, and a HZ Piper cub.

I also have a DX6i on it's way, and use the Phoenix sim. I've also watched all the nuttcaze and finless bob videos on setup and stuff.

I'm looking to find out what motor I should put in my Carbon Fiber one since I plan on using that stock motor and parts to get the Green version up and running and also learn how to build one up. Then I will build the CF Edition up from scratch.

I have also read that running bigger batteries helps with the CG. What ones are people using? (All the info I saw was from a year or more ago).

I already picked up a gyro and esc since I read they were best to upgrade.

Thanks -

-------------------------------------

Cut to the chase -

Best batteries to run?

What motor to upgrade to, or use the same stock one?
Hol3shot is offline Find More Posts by Hol3shot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:37 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
The stock Esky motor is probably your best bet. I'm sure some people have managed to install different motors, but that motor is reliable enough to start flying with.

As for the carbon edition frame, why not go the clone route? It'll give you a better helicopter in the long run without sticking with Esky and the sometimes problematic availability of parts for the carbon edition heli?

Not saying you shouldn't fly the carbon edition though, it's an awesome helicopter. But it wouldn't be my first choice, even after having already flown the Belt CP v2.

The rotor head design with the flybar at the top alone makes it a very beginner unfriendly helicopter. It's quite noticeably not that stable compared with a CopterX 450 Pro v3 or Align 450 Pro.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Jan 2012
15 Posts
Thanks for the info. I might look into putting a different rotor head on with a Blade 400 swash to get it to fit.
I already picked these up and have a bunch of spare parts, so I'll be flying these until they drive me crazy or decide to upgrade.
I also plan on doing scale flying mainly with the Belts after I learn the CP component of flying with them.
I'm more of a cruiser when it comes to flying, so I'm sure these will last me a while.
I only paid $50 for the green kit, and have everything to set it up besides a motor, so the price is right.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:13 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
I see, yeah, that's not a bad deal. Don't let the previous comment discourage you. It's plenty of helicopter to start some proper flying with.

One of the helicopters I'd usually recommend to beginners too, despite the somewhat unstable rotor head design compared to a KDS 450 S or Trex clone.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:52 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,801 Posts
Large helis?
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Bronk View Post
Large helis?
Is it not a large heli? Sorry if it is in the wrong spot. I'm new to the forum.
I figured a 450 would be considered large.

Thanks for your contribution though.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:09 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,801 Posts
Large is normally 500 and larger based on the blade mm.

As you can see you will still get replies and help, but much more in the proper forum
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:14 AM
Make Stuff!
Pineville,NC USA
Joined Jan 2008
400 Posts
It's funny how a flyer's perception changes. After having flown a 500 electric and a .30 nitro (still not big), a 450 seems sooooo much smaller.

It did seems big once, having started with a micro fp...
thrustboy is offline Find More Posts by thrustboy
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:31 PM
Joined Jan 2012
15 Posts
No worries guys, I wasn't aware or that. I'll do some more reading then ask ?s in the other forum. Thanks