HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by T3chDad, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 07:43 PM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,935 Posts
Cool
T3chDad™ RC Flight Log v2.0 (for iPhone too!)

The all new version 2.0 of the T3chDad™ RC Flight Log has been completed! This new version is available for both Android and iOS devices.

What’s new in v2.0:
  • Now available on iOS (iPhone).
  • Android version has been rewritten almost completely from scratch for improved reliability, efficiency, usability and portability.
  • New greatly-improved user interface that is consistent across platforms.
  • New database storage format.
  • Off-device synchronization and backup using Dropbox. Easily sync your data between devices even on different platforms.
  • Per-aircraft crash recording and tracking.
  • Improved bug capture and tracking using BugSense.
  • And more!
T3chDad is offline Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log Update!
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:15 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
Very cool! RC apps are getting better and better!
torque roll is offline Find More Posts by torque roll
Old Dec 21, 2011, 01:31 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,402 Posts
Too bad it only works for 2.2 and above!
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Dec 21, 2011, 03:59 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,543 Posts
I'm missing something...this is better than simple notes how, exactly? I mean, don't you still have to write everything down? This complex organization provides what advantage?
A Useless Geek is online now Find More Posts by A Useless Geek
Old Dec 22, 2011, 08:42 AM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Useless Geek View Post
I'm missing something...this is better than simple notes how, exactly? I mean, don't you still have to write everything down? This complex organization provides what advantage?
That's a really good question! I'm sure the answer varies quite a bit from person to person. For me, it has been the visual "cool" factor, ease of use and automated tracking with more detail than my notebook. The organization is also better than my paper notebook. Results, tallies and other information were non-existent in my notebook but are now automatically tallied and display instantly. Even though I wrote the thing, I'm still curious to see what the next level of achievements and medals I'll see on the pilot stats page. Due to a very Photo/graphical experience, it's also a nice tool that you can use to show off your gear and accomplishments to fellow pilots. I kept my flight log notebook in my flight box...my phone is always with me, so it's always accessible if I'm without the rest of my gear. My notebook didn't have any pictures, dates, automatic power source usage and tracking. While hundreds of other pilots have purchased the app and find it useful, if you don't see any value in any of the items I mentioned, then this app may not be for you.

Thanks for your interest. If you have any other questions I'll try my best to answer them.
T3chDad is offline Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log Update!