HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:47 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,107 Posts
Lets leave the reciever aside the main sponsor of this forum sells it. Poor Clark is at a bar getting
drunk at the moment dont think he needs anymore of us discussing this....

In Riccione I had a completly different problem (cable came of the transmitter battery). I was lucky
and the bike had no damage whatsoever eventhough it went into the fence end of straight
at full power... whoever was in Lostallo and saw how a Lehner(let loose) can propell a bike
knows what speed it might have been there in Riccione.

Back to the facts. Clark told me what happened plus the picture.......brings me to the following conclusion:
The Lipo (equals 300g) destroyed 22,5 sqmm of carbon. Thats over 500G of Force
Considering the Fork, the Headstock assembly and the Crashback plate "cushioning" their share
of the final impact..... I guess the bike went headon to a instant stop at least at 20m/s (72kph).
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:18 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
291 Posts
I actually have had good luck with the low end receivers. With that said, there are definitely combos I would not use them with. They seem to be very unpredictable during brownouts and sometimes fail to properly go into a fail-safe mode. From first hand, coupling an frsky or corona with a savox servo (high current draw) and a mamba max pro (weak bec) is a big no-no. Even my futaba receivers have problems with that combo without additional capacitors. I've relegated the low end receivers to my really small stuff (spare 1/8 bikes, 1/18 cars) were their size comes in handy, the servo current draw is less, and there us less at stake during a runaway. They seem to do very well there.

-rskip
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:39 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rskip View Post
... (very unpredictable) during brownouts....
a political correct way to say "the s#!T hits the fan" ?? ...
... anyway I had to giggle
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:32 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
a political correct way to say "the s#!T hits the fan" ?? ...
... anyway I had to giggle
lol
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:40 AM
Joined Jan 2012
355 Posts
After 15 pints of beer we finally found the problem. It was NOT the reicever........it was that f....ing concrete wall )

Clark = idiot of the month
Clark Wohlert is offline Find More Posts by Clark Wohlert
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:18 AM
Joined Jan 2012
355 Posts
o.k. after the idiot of the month got sober again, he tested the speedo just to make shure it wasn`t the cause of the crash. but the speedo is fine.

site sponsor or not.............i do not care...........the receiver is a dealers receiver. a clever dealer should hand those out for free and in return will sell many spareparts when they fail.

but in fact i can only blame myself. me (mr. futaba himself ) who is allways praying not to mix radio components from different manufacturers, did the big mistake.

the only thing positive about it is that now i can really proof, tha my saying is right: radios (and receivers) are from futab, cars are from........etc.
Clark Wohlert is offline Find More Posts by Clark Wohlert
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:27 PM
Espa˝a, CL, ┴vila
Joined Sep 2008
560 Posts
I┤ve never had any issues mixing radio gear (currently racing a Sanwa M11 Tx Associated 2.4GHz module fitted and Associated TRS401SS receivers).

This is the only affordable way to get all four M11 channels working without spending a lot on original Sanwa modules/receivers.

The expected glitching issue is about to come as soon as I cut the extremely long Asso antenna during a rollout.

As far I can understand from Steliosh words is that both of you, Clark and Edi, suffered glitching issues during past Worlds in...

Italy!!!!

Is the Mafia behind that?

trf_414_m2 is offline Find More Posts by trf_414_m2
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:36 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,107 Posts
Clark was fine in Riccione... the problem he had was only last weekend with a different receiver.

I had trouble at the worlds because the cable came of my transmitter battery pack. I dont think
I can call that a glitch... just my dumbass own fault.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:47 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,107 Posts
This might be a bit OFF Topic.. (but its my thread )
On the picture you see what has been driving me crazy for the past weeks:
FOAM Tires for the indoor Race in Friedrichshafen. I made 20 sets
and I was close to suicide. First the damn donuts wouldn┤t glue to
the Aluminium Rims. Then I had trouble to find a reliable Foam to Foam glue.
And of course I didnt make them the straightforward way..... now the
sideboard rings glue half to Foam and half to Aluminum, one contact area
two different glues ... why do I always get into such things?
Luckally a friend did all the grinding to contour the foam.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:57 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,303 Posts
Lovely problems, indeed! And... you've got plenty of time till next week to fix any minor glitches!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:01 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
I made 20 sets
and I was close to suicide.
Steady on Edi. Things can't be that bad.

There is only one thing that can frustrate you to the point of blowing up, it's known as 'woman'. Everything else can be worked out.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:31 PM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
254 Posts
Quote:
..... now the
sideboard rings glue half to Foam and half to Aluminum, one contact area
two different glues ...
Does this mean you also tried different compounds for the different parts of the tires, like the 1:1 streetmachines (you know, mileage in the middle, performance on the sides)?
Now a comment, that leads to a question, from this less experienced biker:
It seems to me, there's less rubber at the part of the tire that wears the most because the rim has a sharp corner just there. This suggests you have to use harder compounds than optimum grip wants, to keep tires from disintegrating under pressure. Then there is a lot of rubber depth on the center of the tire, where it hardly wears at all but can be distorted under power and lose integrity. This also suggests you have to use a harder compound than optimum performance calls for.

Will the tire stay in one piece for more than one stint, as it surely moves around a lot and risks to brake at the thinnest part that, on top of it, has an aluminium "knife" protruding from the inside?

Would a differently shaped rim leave room for softer compound and better performance with the same durability?

I am sure you have tried all this and gathered experience before the "suicide" project to make 20 sets but I'm interested how you came to the decision, "This is how it's going to be. Let's make 20 of 'em"
z_dad is offline Find More Posts by z_dad
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:09 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_dad View Post
Does this mean you also tried different compounds for the different parts of the tires, like the 1:1 streetmachines (you know, mileage in the middle, performance on the sides)?
Now a comment, that leads to a question, from this less experienced biker:
It seems to me, there's less rubber at the part of the tire that wears the most because the rim has a sharp corner just there. This suggests you have to use harder compounds than optimum grip wants, to keep tires from disintegrating under pressure. Then there is a lot of rubber depth on the center of the tire, where it hardly wears at all but can be distorted under power and lose integrity. This also suggests you have to use a harder compound than optimum performance calls for.

Will the tire stay in one piece for more than one stint, as it surely moves around a lot and risks to brake at the thinnest part that, on top of it, has an aluminium "knife" protruding from the inside?

Would a differently shaped rim leave room for softer compound and better performance with the same durability?

I am sure you have tried all this and gathered experience before the "suicide" project to make 20 sets but I'm interested how you came to the decision, "This is how it's going to be. Let's make 20 of 'em"
These are only for one single indoor race we always do in Friedrichshafen beginning of
November.. The track in only there at the toyfair. So there is no chance to do any testing during the year.
Of course I thought about mixing the rubber but I binned it because I thought it to be too risky.
I used the same foam rubber we have been using the past years. If you are careful and dont crash into
the wood sideboards a set keeps for a whole weekend. We only wear the diameter by about 2-4mm.
There is so much grip the tires do NOT slide at all so wear is really low on that track.
The only thing I had in mind designing this wheelset was weight and dimensions.
They might be perfect or rubbish, no idea. I will see on Friday.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:14 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,107 Posts
A video of me and Marc Lutz having some fun.
He is the blue SB5 I am following in the Red/White JABBER.
Unluckally I hit a bike at 1:40 and completly ruined my front end.
At 4:36 my bike then broke apart.

German Open Indoor Masters 1. A-Finale Superbike (6 min 51 sec)
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:31 PM
Italy
Joined Feb 2011
50 Posts
aiaiai....edi
was war denn los ? hattest s baldrian ned dabei oder werden wir einfach nur Ólter ?
spass bei seite , TOLLES DUELL !
hoffentlich nichts schlimmes

lg von einem anonymen fan
herbie53 is offline Find More Posts by herbie53