New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2015, 09:23 PM
Find More Posts by kbailey45us
Trion, Ga
Joined Sep 2008
26 Posts
Discussion
Aerobeez 20cc yak setup- power hd servos?

Just getting back into flying been out a couple of years. I had a Mojo 40 and an EF extra 50cc when i stopped flying. With my mojo I would and could do almost anything I wanted. With the extra i probably could but wouldnt. The reason being I put everything top of the line in it other than it had a dle instead of a da engine. Had over 2 grand in the plane and couldnt replace it quickly if I buried it. that held me back a lot and prevented me from having as much fun as I could. I wanted to stay with gas so went with a 20cc profile. I have been looking and was thinking about the power hd 1201mgs or 1501mgs. From what I can tell the reviews are better than they used to be. Also I always ordered my batteries from NoBS(hangtimes.com). I was looking at the redwing life(a123) packs as well. Any opinions on those two are great: good and bad. If I had my choice I would put 7955s in it with everything top of the line but then I would be where I was a couple of years ago. basically I want a setup that is reliable (maybe not the best) but at a price to where I am comfortable doing as I please so to speak. I was going to go with hitec 5645s but these could save a lot more. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for but at the same time I am open minded and dont mind saving money. Im not as worried about the centering as I am just flat out having a servo crap out while flying.As far as that goes I dont want to be unsafe with my airplane. I would always ditch my aircraft to protect others. Any experience with these servos and packs would be great. As far as the pack goes I will be running the ignition off the rx pack through a tech-aero filter.
kbailey45us is offline Find More Posts by kbailey45us
Last edited by kbailey45us; May 01, 2015 at 09:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2015, 08:41 PM
Find More Posts by Bloosee
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
3,429 Posts
I've been using XQPower servos in my 71 for almost a year, they are working great still. Both Redwing and Aerobeez carries them. In the $40 each range.
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee