SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:37 AM
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
687 Posts
Discussion
$450 for a Vapor?

Not exactly your Grandpa's Vapor though...

$450 Vapor!

Don
Digital Don is offline Find More Posts by Digital Don
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2014, 02:03 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
946 Posts
Wow, thought that was a joke! I guess not. Great system but being from Horizon Hobby it will be very expensive. But I guess at the micro size it should be. Hope some one else comes out with a similar system. Only since it won't be so much $.
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Aug 31, 2014, 05:28 AM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Apr 2007
1,694 Posts
youre paying for the ultra micro cam/vtx, fatsharks fpv gear, and of course the radio transmitter, which is what about 30-50 in value?

$50 of that can be saved by not including the radio controller and lipo/usb charger.

im very interested in the camera/vtx module myself, although im not impressed by the qvga resolution.
Torx is offline Find More Posts by Torx
Old Aug 31, 2014, 08:46 AM
Joined May 2010
56 Posts
Intellectual Theft.

That's allright, the Intellectual thieves in China at Ripoff King will have one for your purchase in about 6 months!!

It continually amazes me that the great American exceptualism gets stolen after WE invent it.
I try and support all the American companies, and yes HH when I can! Can I afford it, well not exactly, but I still try. So, I would encourage the same.

The only one who seems to play by rules, is the Americans. But, we could do something about it, it our elected thieves in Washington did their job...
snoidslap75 is offline Find More Posts by snoidslap75
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:24 AM
USA, NH, Bow
Joined Jun 2007
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoidslap75 View Post
That's allright, the Intellectual thieves in China at Ripoff King will have one for your purchase in about 6 months!!

It continually amazes me that the great American exceptualism gets stolen after WE invent it.
I try and support all the American companies, and yes HH when I can! Can I afford it, well not exactly, but I still try. So, I would encourage the same.

The only one who seems to play by rules, is the Americans. But, we could do something about it, it our elected thieves in Washington did their job...
Not to start a political debate or bash America, but the wealth on this country was made on slave labor, slash and burn, and oil. We practically invented breaking the rules.
bobbutts is offline Find More Posts by bobbutts
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:33 AM
Joined Apr 2005
393 Posts
Lets not forget the Indians . what happened to them is a shame .
Bradley Crandall is offline Find More Posts by Bradley Crandall
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:39 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,903 Posts
Besides, HK already has some very small systems.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Sep 01, 2014, 06:41 PM
ARF Annihilator without equal
Joined Dec 2008
248 Posts
Would seriously consider it if I could get it BNF. Or if I could get the camera, video unit to hook to my current Night Vapor. Looks like they had a special unit made up for their plane. I bet they'd sell a ton if they sold the video unit and goggles alone.

Bruce
Adrians flyer is offline Find More Posts by Adrians flyer
Old Sep 01, 2014, 08:07 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoidslap75 View Post

I've not done any reasearch into this item, but would find it really hard to believe that "we invented it" and even harder to think that "we are making it" now. Does this really have made in usa on it? If so, I'll eat my words.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Sep 02, 2014, 06:32 AM
Oakland, CA
Joined Jun 2009
267 Posts
You'll might wanna check this out...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/webapp/w...pe=productgrid
issr7 is offline Find More Posts by issr7
Old Sep 02, 2014, 03:15 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by issr7 View Post
You'll might wanna check this out...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/webapp/w...pe=productgrid
Looks like they are jumping in with both feet!

Time to write to the FAA and tell them their new rules are demented.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Sep 02, 2014, 03:33 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,050 Posts
No sooner do I complain than the AMA does something about it.

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/ama...rpretive-rule/

Way to go!

If full scale aircraft had to fly under the restrictions that the FAA wants to impose on FPV we'd have to live in bunkers until the last air transport crashed.

How can a bunch of presumably intelligent people impose regulations on something they know nothing about?

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Sep 02, 2014, 08:08 PM
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSchug View Post
How can a bunch of presumably intelligent people impose regulations on something they know nothing about?

Pete
They have an overwhelming NEED.

Cheers!
Rocket
RocketRobin is offline Find More Posts by RocketRobin
Old Sep 02, 2014, 08:48 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
946 Posts
Very little of this stuff is made in the USA anymore. Virtually all HH gear is made in China. China also has very liberal manufacturing policies, and allow just about any company to manufacture, clone, copy, sell any thing or anyone's idea, item, product etc after a very short time. It plays havoc on manurfacturer's profits. But it has allowed the nation of China come out of the third world. Companies have the right to sue, for intellectual, or copyright infringement. Many have done so and won like Silverlit (which by the way is a Chinese company) But they did so in other nations not China!
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Sep 04, 2014, 10:04 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,760 Posts
Is there an official thread on this plane? Soo many questions, not the least of which is, "anybody willing to loan me $450?
whichwaysup is online now Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings