HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2014, 05:52 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankensteen View Post
I'm using the RCL Cougar retracts Set in mine, and tho' heavy they look and work well.
60 -120s are way overkill for this jet. 25-46 E flites would be perfect IMO.
If you decide to sell your 120s, sold! I'm looking to replace the crappy RCL units on my 13lb+ RCL T33.
Ya figured they woukd be overkill, wasnt sure what the end weight would be on 6s. Ive got a spare set of freewing e-tracts I can drop in. The 60-120 are spares for my 1.7m P51 & P47 , so imma hold on to em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut View Post
Yea the 60 120 are way over kill
Thx for the reply
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2014, 10:52 PM
Ken W
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Dec 2009
128 Posts
I used the 25 -46 eflite with two inch wheels and they fit perfect and retract fully
ken willis is offline Find More Posts by ken willis
Old May 06, 2014, 11:54 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken willis View Post
I used the 25 -46 eflite with two inch wheels and they fit perfect and retract fully
Is your nose retract also a 25-46?
Old May 07, 2014, 08:57 AM
Ken W
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Dec 2009
128 Posts
yes it is . It sticks down alittle because the casing on the nose gear is a bit larger than the mains. It works very and the nose wheel is 1 3/4 inches
Old May 07, 2014, 09:06 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
I got spare tricycle set of these so ill use em, they weight 48g with pin.

http://www.toysonics.com/digital-ser...5091m-1pc.html
Last edited by v8truckin; May 07, 2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old May 07, 2014, 04:36 PM
Ken W
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Dec 2009
128 Posts
You will like the fit. You have to dremel the edge of the wood so the piano wire will fit other than that its a piece of cake
Old Jul 07, 2014, 06:37 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,133 Posts
Does anyone have a set of Used Electric retracts for sale that would work on the Cougar ?
itsparks is online now Find More Posts by itsparks
Old Jul 07, 2014, 08:31 PM
Electrified User
United States, MD, Aberdeen
Joined Aug 2012
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsparks View Post
Does anyone have a set of Used Electric retracts for sale that would work on the Cougar ?
PM has been sent with link to pictures.
Ashveratu is offline Find More Posts by Ashveratu
Old Jul 18, 2014, 05:57 PM
Joined Apr 2008
213 Posts
Flight test results

Maidened mine yesterday and more flying today. I like, but lots of issues to be aware of and ways to overcome them.

Since mine is the PNP RTF version, I'll report results, necessary mods, amps, CG etc , on that thread.

You can find it here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post28939339

Big question I have for all you who have gone before with the ARF version, is have you experienced any wing rocking, wobbliing or wagging, as I have.

My CG is at only 90mm to keep the nose on the ground given the Cougar's design defective main gear location. Wing wobble at medium speed--a very noticeable problem--got better when I moved the CG back from 80 to 90, but its still serious. I guess the problem is the cg is still too far forwatd which means I could solve it only by moving the entire landing gear structure back (forget that) or buying trailing link mains to counter the design defect. See my posts for details on this.
softshell29 is offline Find More Posts by softshell29
Last edited by softshell29; Jul 18, 2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:17 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by softshell29 View Post
Maidened mine yesterday and more flying today. I like, but lots of issues to be aware of and ways to overcome them.

Since mine is the PNP RTF version, I'll report results, necessary mods, amps, CG etc , on that thread.

You can find it here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post28939339

Big question I have for all you who have gone before with the ARF version, is have you experienced any wing rocking, wobbliing or wagging, as I have.

My CG is at only 90mm to keep the nose on the ground given the Cougar's design defective main gear location. Wing wobble at medium speed--a very noticeable problem--got better when I moved the CG back from 80 to 90, but its still serious. I guess the problem is the cg is still too far forwatd which means I could solve it only by moving the entire landing gear structure back (forget that) or buying trailing link mains to counter the design defect. See my posts for details on this.
thanks! totally what ive been waiting for. Ive had mine on the bench for a few months and havent progressed much due to time, parts, and build info/point of views. I have all parts now for a 6s setup, but am contemplating a 8s setup, but that requires more $$$ and weight.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 01:39 AM
France, Burgandy, Dijon
Joined Jun 2010
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken willis View Post
Hey guys got a video. This is a fast jet and that works for me. http://youtu.be/rgSRciN7sEU
Hello ken willis
I have not started building my Cougar, but after your experience, I have already plan to move back to the landing gear 15 to 25mm , how mutch ?

I will put the JETFAN 90 and HET 700-60 39mm 2085Kv on 6S 5000 45C.
I hope have weight of 8.3 lbs with RC lander électric retract, GPS, UniSens-E
...(Graupner Hott or Futaba FassTest)
Thank's

MADISONMaster
MADISONMaster is offline Find More Posts by MADISONMaster
Last edited by MADISONMaster; Jul 31, 2014 at 01:44 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 08:09 AM
Ken W
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Dec 2009
128 Posts
I'm sorry it took me awhile to respond. Been working 16 hour days. I wouldn't move them but if you really want to about 20mm. When you give this jet power the nose comes off the ground but when you give it full throttle it stays down. And it lands nice. Dont move
Old Aug 12, 2014, 01:16 AM
Pasadena, CA
Joined Mar 2007
438 Posts
just about done with mybuild. retract installed with a basswood block to keep the gear from entering the fan intake area.

just read through the ENTIRE THREAD trying to find out if it was necessary to close that gap between the intake joint and the fan.

it seems like everyone is running it with the gap left open?

just want to make sure all the flying videos went with the standard ducting setup.
spent the last two days trying to figure out if i should run full intake ducting all the way up to the fan .
Brutikus is offline Find More Posts by Brutikus
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:27 PM
United States, CA, Milpitas
Joined Jul 2008
884 Posts
Hi everyone - I think it was the manufacturer here said something about spare parts for this thing being available but I go to HK and I don't see jack for this plane anyone bought spare parts?
Habanero is offline Find More Posts by Habanero
Old Sep 02, 2014, 01:33 AM
United States, CA, Milpitas
Joined Jul 2008
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero View Post
Hi everyone - I think it was the manufacturer here said something about spare parts for this thing being available but I go to HK and I don't see jack for this plane anyone bought spare parts?
Ok hk just answered my question "no they don't have parts available but they will work on it." I did see retract doors on H.k.'s site but that's it and by now I suppose it's irrelevant as this plane itself is on infinite back order I will never get my hands on one.
Habanero is offline Find More Posts by Habanero