HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2013, 04:44 AM
Joined Apr 2013
3 Posts
Help!
Wasp X3V Gyro?

Hi

I am new to helis. I have the above heli, new a week ago.
I had a couple of really good flights first off, then had a good crash nose first into the ground.
Replaced tail boom, push rods, main shaft, landing gear. Now the tail servo seems to act funny is a bit jittery or slow moving and it wont centre well specifically if you hold the control all the way for a bit. So after some forum hunting swapped channel 1 with 4 then the aileron would act the same. So is this telling me to replace the gyro.

Cheers

Phil
Phildo J is offline Find More Posts by Phildo J
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2013, 01:25 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo J View Post
Hi

I am new to helis. I have the above heli, new a week ago.
I had a couple of really good flights first off, then had a good crash nose first into the ground.
Replaced tail boom, push rods, main shaft, landing gear. Now the tail servo seems to act funny is a bit jittery or slow moving and it wont centre well specifically if you hold the control all the way for a bit. So after some forum hunting swapped channel 1 with 4 then the aileron would act the same. So is this telling me to replace the gyro.

Cheers

Phil
First try replacing the tail servo. The Skyartec Tail Servo is a digital servo. Channel 4 on the receiver is really designed for a digital servo and not analog. Last time we tried a analog servo on channel 4 it over heated and burned out quickly after much jittering.

It is doubtful you have to replace the receiver/gyro unit-
do you have the X303v receiver 3axis gyro unit?

Hope this helps

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 05, 2013, 03:52 PM
Joined Apr 2013
3 Posts
Thankyou for your reply.

I will try replacing the tail servo.Yes I have the X303v. Hopefully I haven't damaged the anolog servo then.

Phil
Old Apr 07, 2013, 02:17 AM
Joined Dec 2008
998 Posts
Quote:
Thankyou for your reply.

I will try replacing the tail servo.Yes I have the X303v. Hopefully I haven't damaged the anolog servo then.

Phil
Great! keep us updated

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 19, 2013, 05:08 PM
Joined Apr 2013
3 Posts
Got a new servo but the same issue is still there i tried to upload a video for you but i can't here.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 07:18 AM
Joined Dec 2008
998 Posts
Quote:
Got a new servo but the same issue is still there i tried to upload a video for you but i can't here.
Video won't help much. Without it on our work bench it would be difficult to troubleshoot the issue.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 28, 2013, 07:30 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,505 Posts
Quote:
Phildo, This may be a dumb question but did you try flying it and if so does it fly normally?

You can't always reliably judge the servo/gyro's operating characteristics with the heli sitting stationary.

If it flies OK then you don't actually have a problem.
Pa flyer is online now Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Apr 29, 2013, 06:36 AM
Joined Dec 2008
998 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
Phildo, This may be a dumb question but did you try flying it and if so does it fly normally?

You can't always reliably judge the servo/gyro's operating characteristics with the heli sitting stationary.

If it flies OK then you don't actually have a problem.
Pa is correct; the X30v Receiver, is set in Head Holding mode and the tail servo doesn't necessarily have to center perfect on the ground and the tail servo may move a little slowly when stationary. Try to fly the helicopter in a low hover and see how it behaves

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor