HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2013, 01:03 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2011
464 Posts
Senator Floyd Prozansky actually updated me that Oregon HB 71 was amended, and attached the amendment. The amendment rewrote the entire thing, except for the bill ID stuff at the beginning. The bill is still in the Judicial Committee, and I can't find the amendment (HB 71-4) anywhere on the web so I attach it here.

"Thank you for contacting me about SB 71. Please note the original bill was only a placeholder. It will be amended to address the use of unmanned flying machines ("drones"). The amendment, SB 71-4, is attached for you review. It will be substituted for the original bill during a committee meeting on March 20.

Sen. Floyd Prozanski, Chair
Oregon Senate Judiciary Committee"

I replied
"Senator:
Thank you very much for keeping me informed of the status and revisions of this bill. I appreciate the courtesy.

My thorough reading of the amendment, as a layman, indicates that it is silent on private persons operating "drones" for either recreation or a commercial enterprise, except subject to the referenced prohibitions in Section 2. Is my interpretation correct?"

The Section 2
Invasion of personal privacy
Section 2.1 Class C felony
ORS 163.700 Class A Misdemeanor

Obtaining contents of communications (eavesdropping)
Section 2.2 Class C felony
ORS 165.540 Class A Misdemeanor

Section 2.3
No shooting game mammals with drone

Criminal trespass in the second degree
Section 2.4 Class A misdemeanor
ORS 164.245 Class C misdemeanor
note: states in or on, not over

Stalking
Section 2.5 Class C felony
ORS 163.732 Class A misdemeanor, repeated Class C felony
Jem3 is offline Find More Posts by Jem3
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:23 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
1,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem3 View Post
BTW, @Harryarnold and @Echo57, who is the 'they' you are referring to? Suppose you call them out by name if you have a problem with them, instead of the wink, wink "you know who I mean"
Jim
I cant afford the points LOL.
You know who they are. thanks for your careful reading and posting of these new bills.
I just want to take the fear out of the equation. as you say, a lot of these new bills are related to law enforcement use and privacy concerns.
After a while, i deduced i was only being quoted 'Administrative Advisories' dealing with NAS (i don't fly near NAS)
A person who wants to shoot on private property with permission has nothing to fear. (except crashing)
I do however think some kind of certification should be done so that pilots are tested and have to follow some basic guidelines for safety. please no more of that NewYork stuff @1500 feet near an airport !!! geez how dumb.
I've been in my local media as the press here are jumping on the story.
COME OUT OF THE CLOSET everybody !!! don't be afraid to say what you are doing. We have to speak up just like the AMA does or our rights WILL disappear.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=634

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/video?au...sDcfg.facebook

http://www.freep.com/article/2013030...acy-and-safety

this is some of my companies local press within the last week. i have officially come out and admitted to flying for profit and I guess we will all be able to plainly see the legal reaction. If i'm not in gitmo by the summer, we will all be able to say that RCAP (over private property 400' LOS) is ok finally.
harryarnold is offline Find More Posts by harryarnold
Last edited by harryarnold; Mar 09, 2013 at 07:39 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)