SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:05 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,666 Posts
Discussion
WL Toys V912 /2 cell

Looks like Bang good offering another heli ypou can not buy yet. V912 from WL toys. 2 cell 850ma battery. Size about same as 9116 . I'm sure much better if like V911/V929/V939/V949 etc. Tx looks nicer than most. They should have went for FBL 100 size helis like many hoped for or C/P.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:36 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
This has actually been discussed in an earlier thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1766554

The street price in China is reported to be around $50. There are already lots of Walkera CB180D clones around. It seems that WL Toys wants to drive out all competitors and dominate the shopping malls and flea markets. Based on my experience with the 180D, I cannot recommend this at all. There are just too many odd flight characteristics, especially if there is some wind around.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:05 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Despite the flight characteristics, lots of people like this type of heli. I've been ragging at people for a couple years now that they shouldn't buy them because they are poor learning tools and the motors and electronics are awful. The DH9116 is a good example. But, I can't get anyone to listen. I'd have better luck teaching my dog Algebra. I'm afraid ultra-stabilized and crippled FP helis are the new norm for FP helis. They seem to have replaced coaxes in the learning process.

Just an FYI, all of the CB100 / CB180 copies have one subtle difference from the original, maybe to avoid patent infringement. They position the flybar over the rotor head instead of under it. The flybar latency in this design causes significant movement damping.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Nov 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:03 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,666 Posts
There is a need for this type heli, good/bad what ever. WL Toys has done a good job so far and have name behind it. Many just want a nice looking heli and be able to fly it. Any kind of good breeze and they have a kite. I am sure it will be better than D/H 9116.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:17 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
Everything will sell provided the price is low enough. One must wonder whether WL Toys is going to make any money out of this. Whether their main purpose is to kill off all their competitors. This is why there is so much anticipation built in for the WL Toys 100 CP. There is a lot of talk in Chinese forums that it is going to be a Walkera Mini CP killer.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:44 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Everything will sell provided the price is low enough. One must wonder whether WL Toys is going to make any money out of this. Whether their main purpose is to kill off all their competitors. This is why there is so much anticipation built in for the WL Toys 100 CP. There is a lot of talk in Chinese forums that it is going to be a Walkera Mini CP killer.
I've been waiting for the WL cp to be released but but it doesn't look like it'll be available before christmas so I broke down and ordered a Genius CP yesterday.
Budasac is offline Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:58 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Cheap knock offs sell, plain and simple. .