SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:21 PM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Discussion
No Telemetry

Hi Guys,
Having an issue where im not receiving any telemetry, i get good video picture, can see the OSD, GPS gets a good fix (with like 7 sat's) though the telemetry led wont light up, i have updated the firmware (all succsesfull) using the Beta software (i have also tried using the standard software)
this is driving me insane, have stripped down my wiring and redone it a couple of times, still no luck, any help would be much appreciated.
Skitzo is offline Find More Posts by Skitzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2012, 12:31 AM
Norway, Hordaland, Bergen
Joined Feb 2009
280 Posts
Checklist:

- Telemetry is enabled in the OSD Pro menu
- All (eLogger, OSD Pro & eagle eyes) is updated with the same sw version
- try to set osd text white and black level to 5

If all this is ok, and still no telemetry, you should post the config file from your OSD Pro, and tell what video tx/rx you are using.
Megafluffy is offline Find More Posts by Megafluffy
Old Feb 06, 2012, 04:34 AM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Hi Megafluffy, thanks for the response,
I have run through your checklist, Yes to all 3, i didnt have the white and black set to 5, I do now, but unfortunatly no luck, still no telemetry.

Im using 2 x RC305's 5.8ghz for RX, One with an 11dbi patch and the other with an IB crazy cloverleaf.
for TX im using the BEV 5.8G 500mw transmitter (from bevrc) with ibcrazy 5.8g cloverleaf

I have attached the config file as requested.

again, thanks for the help
Old Feb 06, 2012, 05:42 AM
Joined Feb 2009
280 Posts
Hi,
I could not see anything wrong, maybe bill will when he see this thread.

Only thing I can come up with for you to test is, set osd to 'narrow' screen, cycle power, test, turn off narrow screen, cycle power, test.. ( i don't think it will help, but worth a try)
Old Feb 06, 2012, 06:09 AM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
yer, tried the narrow screen on and off, still no joy
Old Feb 06, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi, sorry to hear about your telemetry issue. Everything looks correct in your settings file.

Note that the black/white level settings should not affect telemetry.

There are a couple of things I'd like you to try, if convenient:
1) can you connect the EagleEyes directly to your OSD Pro, rather than going through the transmitter, and see if the telemetry light blinks?
2) If it does not, can you try both input channels of the EagleEyes to see if it works with one but not the other? This is not likely to be the issue.
3) This is a longshot, but to rule out a problem with the telemetry LED, if you connect the EagleEyes to USB in our software (without the OSD connected to USB) and start "live mode", do the gauges change to indicate telemetry is actually being received?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Hi Bill,
I will try this as soon as I get home today, when you say connect the OSD to the eagle tree, do I do this via the expansion port on the eagle tree?
Old Feb 07, 2012, 12:38 AM
Joined Feb 2009
280 Posts
Hi,

No, what Bill wants you to try is to connect the signal and ground of the video out pins on the osd to one of the rca video input connectors on the eagle eyes. (replacing the vid tx/rx with a wire).
You probably have to make a special cable to test this, but its nice to have anyway..
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:43 AM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Hi Guys,
Connected the EagleEyes directly to the OSD, could not get any video at all, tested the cable i made, and its working fine, reconnected the tx to the OSD (and the RX to the EagleEyes) and get video back.....too weird
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:45 AM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
btw, tried with both EagleEyes channels, no go on either, but when its running through the tx, both work
Old Feb 07, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Feb 2009
280 Posts
Did you supply power to the camera?
On my 5.8GHz tx, power is connected to the vid tx and camera gets it power from the vid tx trough the osd. So if you remove the tx, camera don't get any power. (the osd don't supply any voltage to camera)
So either make a cable that supply power to camera while video goes to the osd, or you can use another video source, like a dvd player, just make sure it has composite video out..

If this was not the cause of no video, take a picture of your setup, and we will see if we spot anything..
Old Feb 08, 2012, 12:16 AM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Hi Guys,
added power to my cable and i got clear crisp video, tested it on both channels, still no telemerty, connected my laptop to the EagleEyes, ran in live mode, no gauge movement :-(
Old Feb 08, 2012, 01:15 AM
Joined Feb 2009
280 Posts
What camera are you using?

Can you try with another video source?

I think I'm out of ideas now... So you might have to open a ticket with ET and returning it.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 03:34 AM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
im using BEV-KX171 pro-PAL for Cam from bevrc
Old Feb 08, 2012, 03:36 AM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
ill give another source a try, ill let you know how i go.