HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:46 AM
The "Foaminator"
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,201 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King(city) Vs Hobby Partz

Hobby King says they have a new USA wherehouse now.

Anyone figure out yet when your shopping what comes from where?

I've been shopping Hobby Partz a lot lately due to there incredible fast and low cost shipping.

I made mention to the Hobby king folks that Hpbbypartz would be thier biggest competitior, Amazingly in repsonse they don't think so. How Naieve~!

Thanks, Mike R
mikeruth is online now Find More Posts by mikeruth
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:54 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth View Post
Hobby King says they have a new USA wherehouse now. Anyone figure out yet when your shopping what comes from where?
It says it on the item description or pricing where its coming from .
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:59 AM
for right now in sebring, florida but my real home is in the mountians of virginia
Joined Sep 2010
5 Posts
if hobby king is anything like some of the other chinese based hobby companys(what i mean is in china) unless you use paypal they will wait till your money clears on there end before shipping, which normally means 4-5 days before they will ship out your order so a order that takes hobbypartz 3-5 days to get to you would be 6-8 days for hobby king to get you the same parts.
i myself will keep doing my business with hobbypartz .
The_Mad_Hatter is offline Find More Posts by The_Mad_Hatter
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:03 AM
The "Foaminator"
Joined Mar 2007
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
It says it on the item description or pricing where its coming from .
Ok ,thanks, guess they don't have anything in the USA THAT I want, LOL.
Mike R
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:41 AM
Texas
Joined Aug 2006
1,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Hatter View Post
if hobby king is anything like some of the other chinese based hobby companys(what i mean is in china) unless you use paypal they will wait till your money clears on there end before shipping, which normally means 4-5 days before they will ship out your order so a order that takes hobbypartz 3-5 days to get to you would be 6-8 days for hobby king to get you the same parts.
i myself will keep doing my business with hobbypartz .
My last order with Hobbypartz (gyro, servos) was paid with PP. They were quick to email me with order update and tracking no saying my order had shipped. But following the tracking, the order sat for 2 days before it was picked up.

Is this what everone sees from them in the US??
Duster_360 is offline Find More Posts by Duster_360
Old Oct 19, 2010, 04:02 PM
Sailplane Mafia
United States, SC, Summerville
Joined Jun 2001
2,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth View Post
Hobby King says they have a new USA wherehouse now.

Anyone figure out yet when your shopping what comes from where?

I've been shopping Hobby Partz a lot lately due to there incredible fast and low cost shipping.

I made mention to the Hobby king folks that Hpbbypartz would be thier biggest competitior, Amazingly in repsonse they don't think so. How Naieve~!

Thanks, Mike R
HK won't let you mix an order with different warehouses. If you use the link on right side you will only see items in the USA warehouse.
gquiring is offline Find More Posts by gquiring
Old Oct 19, 2010, 04:10 PM
The "Foaminator"
Joined Mar 2007
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster_360 View Post
My last order with Hobbypartz (gyro, servos) was paid with PP. They were quick to email me with order update and tracking no saying my order had shipped. But following the tracking, the order sat for 2 days before it was picked up.

I haven't paid that close attention to it, for me I am in the same state, let alone only an hours drive from there shipping where house. So I get my stuff in three days from order placement, excluding weekends.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 04:11 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,123 Posts
Hobby Partz caters to the North American customers, namely the USA and Canada.
Hobby King caters to the entire world for the most part.
So if you are in the USA it tends to be worthwhile to order from Hobby Partz instead of Hobby King, if they have the items you want. Being already in the USA, Hobby Partz would have faster shipping as it doesn't have to come from China to the USA.
HobbyPartz.com is also Nitroplanes.com and also Xheli.com where the shipping on heli's and airplanes is a lot cheaper than having it come all the way from China to here.
Now then Hobby King stocks a lot of stuff, so if the others don't have it, and they do, then its a no brainer, you just have to have patience though. Sometimes the shipping is slower than usual coming from China.

I have had good luck with Hobby Partz, they have been quite fast sending stuff out. I love their recent free shipping promotion. I ordered a couple of large heli carrying cases, with free shipping. Man that was great as shipping on those cases is almost as much as the cost of the case itself.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Oct 19, 2010, 04:21 PM
Joined Feb 2010
52 Posts
Quote:

Same here, only they waited 3 days before the order was picked up. Honestly, had I read through the horrible feedback in their section on here, I would not have done business with them, but I didn't see any of it until today. Hopefully my charger will get here and actually work, can't say I'm real confident about ordering anything else from them. It's one thing to judge a company by a bad review or two, but when you're seeing well over 50% negative feedback, the red flag should pop up like it's being used to waterboard you.
tcabner is offline Find More Posts by tcabner
Old Oct 19, 2010, 04:21 PM
The "Foaminator"
Joined Mar 2007
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gquiring View Post
HK won't let you mix an order with different warehouses. If you use the link on right side you will only see items in the USA warehouse.
thanks for bringing that to my attention. Seems the harder I looked the less I saw.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:28 PM
Not Crashing = Not Flying
Canada, BC, Chilliwack
Joined Sep 2010
386 Posts
how long does it take to ship from hobbyking to (bc) Canada?
Cody S is offline Find More Posts by Cody S
Old Oct 20, 2010, 05:26 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,785 Posts
I wonder Hobby King doesn’t have any nano-tech batteries in the US warehouse.

I did notice that some Turnigy batteries actually have a lower price in the US warehouse than in the International warehouse. What’s with that?

Also in the US can you ship LiPo batteries using USPS Priority Mail?

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 20, 2010, 06:48 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,123 Posts
Quote:
I have seen that with other online stores as well. Worse still is ordering from HobbyCity and having your order sit in the processing queue for 10 days before they state they have shipped it. Then it sits for a week before it gets out of Hong Kong. it gets shipped on a airline in a couple of days. Then it lanquishes in customs for two weeks before it starts its final journey to your home. Last January I had a order lanquish in customs for almost 30 days before it was let go. So I don't know if express fast shipping is of any value at all or whether it would be faster or not.

I have had other online stores, where you wanted something fast, so you paid the extra high price for overnight shipping, only to have them process the order (sit on it) for three days, then prepare it for shipping for two days, then it sits in the shipping department for two days before they express ship it out overnight. What a huge waste of money that was.

Watch out for the Chinese New Year holiday season. China pretty much shuts down for two to four weeks during that time.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Oct 23, 2010, 06:56 AM
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2007
214 Posts
I've just about had it with HC. I've placed some 22 orders over the last few years from them and also order for many buds at my field. Last night I almost finished an order for $452. Motors servos and bats. 4.9 kilograms. Normal shipping (parcel post from China) would have been about $51 but because I had more than 4500 mili ampere hours worth of Lipos, I was limited to priority EMS shipping, a whopping $79 shipping. I couldn't go through with it. I wanted to try several nano tech turnigy batteries, but at that high a shipping cost, I've got to look elsewhere.
WesternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WesternFlyer
Old Oct 23, 2010, 07:03 AM
The "Foaminator"
Joined Mar 2007
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternFlyer View Post
I've just about had it with HC. I've placed some 22 orders over the last few years from them and also order for many buds at my field. Last night I almost finished an order for $452. Motors servos and bats. 4.9 kilograms. Normal shipping (parcel post from China) would have been about $51 but because I had more than 4500 mili ampere hours worth of Lipos, I was limited to priority EMS shipping, a whopping $79 shipping. I couldn't go through with it. I wanted to try several nano tech turnigy batteries, but at that high a shipping cost, I've got to look elsewhere.
Just one more reason we need a good source in the USA.
Hobby Partz are you listening?

Mike R