SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:09 AM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Mar 2005
408 Posts
Discussion
Lube suspension?

I'm new to cars so be kind. I got a Rustler VXL this winter. When I was replacing a rear A arm I noticed that it didn't move up and down very easily with the shock off. Is this how it should be? I was thinking of adding a little lube to the pivot pin and maybe lightly sanding the inside of the surfaces that contact. Is this a good idea or not?.....

Thanks!
SkyCaptian is offline Find More Posts by SkyCaptian
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2008, 02:15 AM
washington
Joined Dec 2006
1,620 Posts
It sounds as though you have a bent pin. You did check that when you replaced it right?
mtfly2000 is offline Find More Posts by mtfly2000
Old Feb 24, 2008, 01:34 PM
Joined Mar 2005
408 Posts
I bought new pins. Even before you put the pin in when you are putting the A Arm over the tab on the frame that the pin goes through shouldn't slide on freely maybe a few 1/1000 to help it pivot freely? Maybe I'm thinking Heli still. Free movement so if flip it from right side up to upside down it should all move under gravity but no slop. Like I said I new to cars and trying to figure um out.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 03:43 PM
washington
Joined Dec 2006
1,620 Posts
yeah tollerances on cars aren't the same as helis. It's probably ok as long as you think the weight of the car and force of the shock can make it move.
mtfly2000 is offline Find More Posts by mtfly2000
Old Feb 24, 2008, 03:44 PM
Joined Jul 2007
219 Posts
i say lube it i have a rustler to but what kind of a arm are you using im using rpm on the back of my rusty and flm a arm on the front because i had problems with my rpm a arms to so i lube it
justeen_08 is offline Find More Posts by justeen_08
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:18 PM
Joined Mar 2005
408 Posts
I'm switching to the RPM parts as they need replacement. I figure a light sanding of the opposing surfaces and a little lube in the ear on the frame where the pin actually pivots. Maybe it will make a difference maybe it wont. Gives me something to do while the batteries are charging.