HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2014, 07:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
19 Posts
Rant
Makati Commercial Estate Association (MACEA) Requiring PERMITS to allow RC TANKS?

I recently moved into the Fascist State of Makati(i dont mean to offend ang mga TagaMakati, but it's the City Government im referring to), and i own 2 1/16 Scale RC Tanks...

one is an M41A3 Bulldog, and a Panther Ausf G

Now i also am part of a Facebook group focused on RC Tanks
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3903...group_activity

Now i was asking why they never conducted a casual RC Tank meet at a Park nearest my place, which was Ayala Triangle.

They told me they did try once but the MACEA guards came in and told them to leave unless the have a permit.

PERMIT for WHAT? they weren't protesting, there was nothing political and They were merely are just a group of hobbyists enjoying and promoting our hobby publicly.

the thing here is that i have yet to ascertain what sort of permit and at what cost would that at for in order for me to enjoy my hobby at a safe and uncrowded place like Ayala Triangle.

thinking ahead:
>accuse of espionage? heck our RC equipment aren't as powerful as the Android phones in those jogger's pockets(i know, i have I.T. experience.)

> Political? THERE is NOT ONE PIECE OF POLITICAL whatever painted on our RC Tanks.

>Pollution? Well, if a battery pack leaks. but nope.

>Business? What business? we weren't selling anything, it's a gathering!!

>Noise? Better start catching Motorbikes and PUJs with ultra noisy exhaust pipes.

I have not found anything yet from MACEA regarding recreational devices.

I don't think a Private Security organization has the Rights to Enforce Regulations that Infringe on the Individual Freedoms in a Public Place.
Regardless if it is Private property or whatchamacallit.
xhack2 is offline Find More Posts by xhack2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2014, 10:19 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,492 Posts
Have you tried asking the guard who you should talk to?
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2014, 10:44 AM
Defies Logic & Common Sense
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Jun 2012
1,088 Posts
I see some public places like parks dont allowd rc toys operating in the area
speedactyl is online now Find More Posts by speedactyl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Happy Holiday and 2014 Review
Old Jul 07, 2014, 03:53 PM
Philippines, NCR, QC
Joined Apr 2014
171 Posts
There are many privately owned public spaces that impose such restrictions. It can range from bringing in pets to wearing sandos and tsinelases. For this one, I'm guessing it's more along the lines of having an organized "event" with potential commercial implications. It is Makati CBD, after all. Might be a good idea to write to MACEA to get clarity on their rules. I'm guessing this is more of a MACEA rule (as interpreted by the guards) as opposed to a city ordinance. As far as I know, much (if not all) of the open spaces in the CBD are administered privately.

Have you tried running your tank in the park alone to see if the guards will give you grief?
alexraz is offline Find More Posts by alexraz
Old Nov 25, 2014, 02:10 PM
Joined Jan 2012
19 Posts
Thanks for the replies. im planning to first run my Tamiya 1:10 scale RC Rally car to see if those gestapo guards start pestering me.

fun fact SANDOS? they do allow sandos because i see tons of sweaty men and women jogging 24 hours.
xhack2 is offline Find More Posts by xhack2