HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by xfatdannx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:58 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
994 Posts
Discussion
New plane! Flyzone Cessna 182 select scale!

Got this plane shipped via USPS last week but they crunched the box and the main wing was destroyed. Still waiting on the claim. But i have replaced the main wing in the mean time. Took it out for a test flight today and it flew great! No in-flight pics (yet) but will have some soon. This plane came with a different connector than the rest of my batteries so i will be switching that over soon so both my planes can share batteries and the same balancing charger. Here is the one pic i did come home with!

Update: Got out again and got some more pics
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx
Last edited by xfatdannx; Apr 10, 2012 at 01:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:52 AM
Haul ass! Turn left sometimes
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined May 2011
106 Posts
Great pics!

Awesome to see that bird in the air. Looks like the real thing in some. Just missin a pilot dude lookin through the winder!

Have a good one man...

H-V-A
MiG-3 Reno Rocket is offline Find More Posts by MiG-3 Reno Rocket
Old May 04, 2012, 05:50 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
994 Posts
Almost all the decals have been removed. Prepped for paint project, started it already too. Just the one line so far. Got a couple things going at the same time so none are getting any regular work done to them.

you can see i didn't wrap the wheels too well. Should have removed them actually. But i am going to make the wheel pants orange with black and white stripes of some sort. I hope it doesn't look too goofy having that much orange.
Old May 04, 2012, 10:18 AM
Haul ass! Turn left sometimes
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined May 2011
106 Posts
That is going to look very sharp!

Nice work my friend!
MiG-3 Reno Rocket is offline Find More Posts by MiG-3 Reno Rocket
Old May 04, 2012, 12:19 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiVoltageAir View Post
That is going to look very sharp!

Nice work my friend!
Next i have to measure each spot where it changes directions and translate that to the opposite site. I want the black to pass over the orange in a spot or two but an scared that putting the tape on the paint may pull it up.
Old May 16, 2012, 12:38 PM
More jets than a carburetor
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,824 Posts
I have the original flyzone cessna. Brushed motor, nicad lipo. I updraded it to brushless but it may be the hardest thing I have to fly and land. No steering on landing.
skydve76 is offline Find More Posts by skydve76