HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:45 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikotikot View Post
yes i increase the gps gain until it wobbles then back down until it becomes level. i do calibration in the field with no metal objects near/around me.

the flight is ok - level is ok, but it won't hold position, and it goes up and down - never steady in 1 place......

also, in the GPS and Attitude Gain table, whenever i enter the GPS P, I & D gain values based on the pitch & roll dimension, the flight becomes unstable. only Attitude P & D gains are working.
ok. sounds strange, i never had a classic wobble when gps gain is to high. only position overshoot or tb effect.

will try it on weekend if weather is good and report.
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:13 AM
Joined May 2008
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
ok. sounds strange, i never had a classic wobble when gps gain is to high. only position overshoot or tb effect.

will try it on weekend if weather is good and report.
somewhere back in time we got fed up tweaking on this navi & navi2 that we replaced the FC with the rabbit that was installed in another airframe and voila, flew like a charm. so we're assuming that there was no problem with the esc's, motor's, frame, etc. then installed back the kk stuff and tried tweaking again.

somehow we successfully have it fly level. only thing is - it won't hold position and altitude. i cannot leave the Tx even for few seconds - it just drifts and drops. the attitude P & D gains are ok, it worked and flew better. but the GPS P, I & D values in the provided table - makes it UNSTABLE!- we used default and it's ok.

if only it holds position and altitude i'd be happy. i paid substantial amount for this FC and spent countless hours tweaking it's not worth it!
ikotikot is offline Find More Posts by ikotikot
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:35 AM
Spain (Mālaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
hi Mr Minsoo

The new version 1.1 for MCFC, which bug fixed????,

I hope it's the GPS, has the same problems as previous versions (naviboard)
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
hi Mr. Minsoo

i got my MCFC board 10 days ago with hexacopter set i did every thing like instructions i faced problem with mag celebration it is showing bad in ground station i tried too many times to do the celebration by moving elevator stick to the left for three seconds but nothing happened the red led Blink once and turn of again , i did factory reset and tried the mag celebration .. same result
looking for your advice
bassam is offline Find More Posts by bassam
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Feb 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassam View Post
hi Mr. Minsoo

i got my MCFC board 10 days ago with hexacopter set i did every thing like instructions i faced problem with mag celebration it is showing bad in ground station i tried too many times to do the celebration by moving elevator stick to the left for three seconds but nothing happened the red led Blink once and turn of again , i did factory reset and tried the mag celebration .. same result
looking for your advice
I had that issue as well. I informed Minsoo of it some time ago and he said he would change the documentation though like another area I let him know about it has gone unchanged. See post #1276. Rather than holding elevator left use the rudder stick left.
AsylumET is offline Find More Posts by AsylumET
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:27 PM
Joined May 2008
69 Posts
spare the money & headache, treat yourself well & get the rabbit or x4. that's all i can say.
not trying to shoot down minsoo-not my intention but there's so much time and money wasted on this and yet didn't get a satisfactory result.
ikotikot is offline Find More Posts by ikotikot
Last edited by ikotikot; Nov 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:45 AM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafecubain View Post
hi Mr Minsoo

I have done several tests with the GPS, using the table of gains.

My quad measured from center to edge of the propellers 370 mm and I have set the values ​​indicated in the table.

The results are bad as they come by default.

All the time when activated GPS, quad tends to move to the right and then back with more strength to the left. then I having to turn off GPS,( then it would continue to Korea)

With the original values ​​tend to move randomly, within 5 meters (more or less)

What We Do? (see video please)

http://youtu.be/F5jWfpRT7uo
Dear Sir
I think that the gain is strong.
please apply the gain value attached file.

Thanks
Minsoo Kim is offline Find More Posts by Minsoo Kim
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumET View Post
I had that issue as well. I informed Minsoo of it some time ago and he said he would change the documentation though like another area I let him know about it has gone unchanged. See post #1276. Rather than holding elevator left use the rudder stick left.
It didn't work with rudder stick i got too beep and stop it looks like i can't get celebration mode
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:00 PM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Sint-Truiden
Joined Jul 2012
126 Posts
Hi all, I got my board for like a week now,and making some change to the quad right
now so i made this little vid on how i do my MCFC board basic calibration and for the
gps part i get 5-6 sats inside and 9-10 sats outside.Hope this already might help some people.

MCFC flycam Calibration (5 min 46 sec)
GeO82 is offline Find More Posts by GeO82
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:33 PM
Spain (Mālaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsoo Kim View Post
Dear Sir
I think that the gain is strong.
please apply the gain value attached file.

Thanks
Thanks Mr Minsoo, I will try the new gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeO82 View Post
Hi all, I got my board for like a week now,and making some change to the quad right
now so i made this little vid on how i do my MCFC board basic calibration and for the
gps part i get 5-6 sats inside and 9-10 sats outside.Hope this already might help some people.
You've caught all satellites for you or have a private satellite to yourself ...

thanks for the video!
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:33 AM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Quote:
It didn't work with rudder stick i got too beep and stop it looks like i can't get celebration mode
Dear Sir
please check as below
When you plug in the power, the following beeping alarm will sound. If any flight mode switch is in its’ active position,
the alarms are as follows:
- In the case of the throttle stick being up ( Red LED light's )
- In the case of channel 5 being active or forgotten in "maintain altitude" position. (Green LED light's up)
- In the case of channel 6 being active or forgotten in "Position hold" or "Coming Home" (Blue LED light's up)
- In the case of channel 8 being active or forgotten in "care free" (Red LED light's up)

Thanks
Minsoo Kim is offline Find More Posts by Minsoo Kim
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Jul 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
What kind of Transmitter do you got?
-Mode 1: throttle on the right.
-Mode 2: throttle on the left.

My first problem was to get anything calibrated(stick centering,gyro/accl
cali,compas cali) it would not work, also in groundstation the mag status was
saying BAD, siply because nothing was calibrated!

So the trick is the lower the throttle trim some, after that everthing works fine for me.maybe you can try if you didnt already.Else look at the vid i posted above.

I lowered the throttle trim a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafecubain View Post
You've caught all satellites for you or have a private satellite to yourself ...
thanks for the video!
Hehe,sended the first quad out for a special mission but reading throught the
pages it seem like that!
I dont know if its the FW because i checked and seems i got mine preflashed with v1.2.

Wel maybe have some luck on the gps lock,but also had a misshap causing a short,
al by wonder the electronics are ok.So i need to go do some soldering.

Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeO82 View Post
What kind of Transmitter do you got?
-Mode 1: throttle on the right.
-Mode 2: throttle on the left.

My first problem was to get anything calibrated(stick centering,gyro/accl
cali,compas cali) it would not work, also in groundstation the mag status was
saying BAD, siply because nothing was calibrated!

So the trick is the lower the throttle trim some, after that everthing works fine for me.maybe you can try if you didnt already.Else look at the vid i posted above.

thanks for you help

problem solved after watching your video

it's really helpful

BIG thanks
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Jul 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
thanks for you help
problem solved after watching your video
it's really helpful
BIG thanks
No problem, glad your problem is solved.So you got it flying now?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:04 PM
Joined Sep 2012
7 Posts
Guys I really need your help!

I'm fed up with the bad documentation about the Ground Station settings.
Could someone please explain in a short manner, what the different settings in the tables does, and how changing them affects flying?

I would also like to see your own settings that you use on your quad-copters.
Maybe a print-screen on how your settings look like, that would be really helpful.

Thanks for a quick reply!
Best regards,
funkis_jackson is offline Find More Posts by funkis_jackson