HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:08 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2010
255 Posts
Yes, but you may also want to consider the v3 microjet motor from Grayson. They're almost as powerful and a lot lighter. I believe the supersonics give 24oz of thrust each @ 23amps and the microjets give about 22oz of thrust each and the current draw is less than 20amps and combined you'll save about 1 oz in the tail so you won't have to shove your battery all the way up in the nose. My 2 cents.

Vic
vicentel is offline Find More Posts by vicentel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:00 AM
fortuna favet fortibus
Schweiz, AG, Merenschwand
Joined Oct 2011
810 Posts
Final step

Hi folks,
I'm close to the painting job. Just have to glue the canopy first. Still not sure about the colour design. Maybe I will take the attached scheme because I love it.
Wobisch is online now Find More Posts by Wobisch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkjet Collector
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:27 AM
Joined Aug 2010
255 Posts
very nice build wobish! That's an awesome scheme, good luck on the painting that is not an easy scheme to paint. Truly a labor of love. I love the star scheme myself, and painted it on my Mig-29.

Vic
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:09 AM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,926 Posts
Way to go wobish...looking forward to the finished pictures.
T3chDad is offline Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log Update!
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:18 AM
69-France
Joined May 2010
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicentel View Post
Yes, but you may also want to consider the v3 microjet motor from Grayson....you'll save about 1 oz in the tail so you won't have to shove your battery all the way up in the nose. My 2 cents.

Vic
Thanks a lot, indeed not a bad idea to save weight for almost the same power. I'm going to order them tomorrow.
Laurent
Le Z Turbo is offline Find More Posts by Le Z Turbo
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:44 AM
Crash Test Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
When I muster up the courage for my SU-37 build, I will be using the Microjet V3's as well...looking forward to seeing how they perform for you Turbo... Wobiisch, awesome paint scheme! You should check out Vic's awesome Mig build Which also has a Swifts scheme...
Levictus is offline Find More Posts by Levictus
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Aug 2010
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levictus View Post
When I muster up the courage for my SU-37 build, I will be using the Microjet V3's as well...looking forward to seeing how they perform for you Turbo... Wobiisch, awesome paint scheme! You should check out Vic's awesome Mig build Which also has a Swifts scheme...
Thanks Levictus. Here are some pix from my hanger. My family of Su's and my MiG.

Vic
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:03 AM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
9,999 Posts
Vicentel very nice job on those jets. Those are top of the looker list. I was gonna post an easy paint scheme I did on a profile SU 30... But after your pictures I'm way too intimidated
alpea 41 is online now Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Aug 2010
255 Posts
haha, don't let me stop you. I really enjoy the building and the painting, more so I think than the flying.

Vic
Old Aug 01, 2012, 02:39 PM
Crash Test Pilot
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
So a quick motor question for this build. If I am going to use two Greyson MicroJet v3s
http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...tor-p-425.html
And two 25-30 esc for each, what size battery should I use to provide proper power and decent amount of flight time and balance those puppy's out. I currently use 1 mjv3 with a 1600mah 20c 11.1v 3s SkyLipo battery. Any thoughts? Do I need a higher c rating because of the dual motors?
Last edited by Levictus; Aug 01, 2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Aug 2010
255 Posts
The draw for 2 mjv3 is about 40amps. I believe I've seen people use a 2200mAh 3S pack for this plane. So anything over 20C should work at the minimum. But if you can afford the additional weight I would use at least 2 x 25amp ESCs with a 65C 3S 2200mAh pack. I use the 65C battery packs from Banana Hobby (Genesis Power) and they work great.
Last edited by vicentel; Aug 01, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:16 PM
Crash Test Pilot
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
Thanks Vic...I think I would rather go lighter as this is the original size buil and not the upscaled version! But I will check out that battery. Much appreciated!
Last edited by Levictus; Aug 01, 2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:24 PM
Crash Test Pilot
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
Just looked and it is out of stock...figures. So 65c would be ok to use? I know that is a total noob question...
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Aug 2010
255 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Vic...I think I would rather go lighter as this is the original size buil and not the upscaled version! But I will check out that battery. Much appreciated!
The specs I gave you is for the original size and build. It is a beefier setup but you won't be overtaxing the electronics.

Quote:
Just looked and it is out of stock...figures. So 65c would be ok to use? I know that is a total noob question...
Basically anything over 25C 3S pack will give enough amps for the amp draw of the motors. If you do the math, and guys please check my math, at wide-open-throttle (WOT) both motors will draw 40amps. At that draw a 2200mAh battery at 25C will be able to provide 55amps (25x2.2200mA =5500mA or 55amps) which is above the amps that the motors need at full throttle. A 65C pack will provide 143amps continuous (65x2.2=143amps). The difference is that a 65C battery will have a easier time providing the 40amps than a 25C battery because you're not near the battery's amp limit (or internal resistance) and the battery and all your electronics will run cooler.

The higher the C rating the lower the internal resistance and the more continuous amps the battery can provide (larger 'pipe' for electrons to flow), but they will be slightly bigger and heavier. So if you are willing to pay for the price in weight you'll get better and safer performance from you electronics. Hope this helps.

Vic
Old Aug 01, 2012, 07:43 PM
Crash Test Pilot
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
Super explanation Vic...thanks! Maybe I'll order the next size up. I emailed them for an eta. Looks like Banana Hobby is really the only retailer of that brand...