SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 19, 2014, 11:04 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,214 Posts
New Product
OFM SkyView 350 Quad with SPA

This is a new release coming from onlyflyingmachines.com. The OFM SkyView. In the 350 class most would think of it as just another Phantom clone, however watching video's and seeing the specs it looks to have some really nice integrations and have solid flight characteristics.

The biggest thing that really interest me is the Safety Protocol Algorithm (SPA). This algorithm runs and supposedly prevents abnormal flight behaviors, out of control drifting and wait for it.... flyaways. Even if things like the GPS or magnometer acts up then it can over come these things. This in and of it self is a huge thing.

Another nice feature is it offers one touch setup on the FreeX FC.

A few other key features:
-7 Channel Tx
-Altitude/Attitude hold mode
-A hover auto-return option. Rather than just returning to home the quad will hold position when a signal is lost allowing you to get into position to regain control. Awesome feature if flying in areas with large trees or obstructions.

Other than that it has the features most have come to expect on the RTF 350 quads(IOC, GPS Hold, Low Voltage Indicator), but some nice and much needed additions to those features.

Also it looks like a PNP gimbal is also a part of the package or at least offered as an add on.

You can find the full run down of the specs on the OFM site (check them out as it's a pretty exhaustive list well laid out and not just a bunch of broken up english fluff ) http://onlyflyingmachines.com/produc...ab-description

Don't know if that's the official price but seems pretty well priced if so.

OFM SkyView Quadcopter More Flight Testing and Updates (7 min 26 sec)

OFM SkyView Quadcopter Flown by a Total Beginner (7 min 21 sec)
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Last edited by jlcamp7; May 19, 2014 at 10:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2014, 09:18 PM
China
Joined Jul 2010
277 Posts
Thanks for the post.

Tx will be 7ch for now. but 1km range
Brushless gimbal for now is part of the deal.

and yes please do point out some broken up English fluff so I can correct it and it won't cause confusion. and if there are any points causing confusion on site page, I would like to correct them too if you point them out

For now the price is Introductory. Later there will be two options
Quadcopter RTF without Brushless gimbal. Price range could be 379$ to 400$
Quadcopter RTF with Brushless Gimbal. Price range 449$ to 489$
Quadcopter RTF with Brushless Gimbal, and Professional Aluminum Carrying case. Price is not decided yet due to the fact shipping is very costly with Aluminum case and weight its adding. still working with EMS on that.

The only issue i see so far to ship individual orders is that some countries custom will return the package if there is a battery inside. so I might discuss it with shipper more and might not ship with battery. Batteries are super easy to find. 3S 11.1v 2700mAh 25C are available cheap and widely everywhere.

Good news is, SkyView is waterproof. we will try to do a demo flight in rain. Only worry is if 2.4ghz Transmission will be Rain friendly or not. gotta see that

More updates will follow here and on my site.
alishanmao is offline Find More Posts by alishanmao
Old May 19, 2014, 10:34 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,214 Posts
Tx info edited.

Thanks so much for the extra info. A really outstanding price point. Nice edition with the waterproofing.
Old May 20, 2014, 08:11 AM
Joined Apr 2014
32 Posts
Do you know what shipping charge is to the UK?
stewart read is online now Find More Posts by stewart read
Old May 20, 2014, 03:00 PM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,107 Posts
Nice work James. And great prices Ali;

From the first time I saw the test video, the FC caught my attention. It seems very responsive and alert.

What's the distance in diagonal from motor to motor?
BenHayat is online now Find More Posts by BenHayat
Last edited by BenHayat; May 20, 2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old May 20, 2014, 03:35 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,214 Posts
396mm according to specs. Don't know if that's motor to motor or tip to tip. I'd guess the standard motor to motor measurement.
Old May 21, 2014, 04:46 AM
Joined May 2014
5 Posts
Alishanmao I'm thinking of buying this with Gimbal, and Aluminum Case, I'm from spain you know the total price and when do you start send it?

Thanks.
donadir9 is offline Find More Posts by donadir9
Old May 21, 2014, 12:24 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,820 Posts
I have been following this for a while now and happy to see it launching ...Looks like the other certain quad that was supposed to be out by now is a big flop ...this one looks to be more promising in performance features for beginners ...just curious does it have the ability to do planned missions or is that a future firmware update to be added later on?
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old May 21, 2014, 01:08 PM
Belle Chasse Southern, Louisiana, United States
Joined Apr 2002
877 Posts
How long before they are available to purchase?

Randy
Flyingfool is offline Find More Posts by Flyingfool
Old May 22, 2014, 08:02 PM
Belle Chasse Southern, Louisiana, United States
Joined Apr 2002
877 Posts
1 Month, 1 Year?
Flyingfool is offline Find More Posts by Flyingfool
Old May 23, 2014, 06:01 AM
Brunswick, Georgia - USA
Joined Jul 2005
169 Posts
Watching...
Dalite is offline Find More Posts by Dalite
Old May 24, 2014, 04:20 AM
China
Joined Jul 2010
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart read View Post
Do you know what shipping charge is to the UK?
We are trying our best to keep it minimum. James will have his own UK dealer later. for now if you pre order from OFM, we plan to ship by DHL and keep costs as low as possible.

you best keep in touch with me after pre orders
Old May 24, 2014, 04:22 AM
China
Joined Jul 2010
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat View Post
Nice work James. And great prices Ali;

From the first time I saw the test video, the FC caught my attention. It seems very responsive and alert.

What's the distance in diagonal from motor to motor?
I have seen James does not even sleep so long. at the moment his best intentions are to test, test and test and test again at the end of the day and sleep with the plans of testing more of this Quadcopter. Seeing his efforts, I am sure together we will deliver a product that will make its own name instantly in this market.

and that is the reason, we are trying our best to keep the prices very affordable too.
Old May 24, 2014, 04:23 AM
China
Joined Jul 2010
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool View Post
1 Month, 1 Year?
For first pre orders of 50 pcs strictly from OFM, we expect to deliver around or before Mid June 2014
Old May 24, 2014, 04:24 AM
China
Joined Jul 2010
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donadir9 View Post
Alishanmao I'm thinking of buying this with Gimbal, and Aluminum Case, I'm from spain you know the total price and when do you start send it?

Thanks.
For now you might wanna go with Pre orders. With Aluminum case to Spain, it will be insane costly