HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2014, 08:25 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeeg View Post
Hi CW,

If it was me, I would not take the chance running the Video Tx, the gimbal controller board AND the gimbal motors all off of the Vector's 12v - 1amp supply. I truly believe that you are asking for problems doing that.
Adding a gimbal control board, plus two brushless gimbal motors to the 12v supply which you will already have powering the video Tx is sure to pull more than the one amp of output power that it is rated for.
You may get lucky and have have it work for you, but why take the chance and have a crash some day if and when the gimbal motors pull more than the Vector can handle.

In my two Vector setups I am powering only the video Tx, which draws 600 mA, (more than half of the 1 amp available) from the Vector's 12V output. I then use a 3 amp, step down adjustable switching regulator, wired directly to my 4s flight battery to power my two axis brushless gimbal control boards and the 2 gimbal motors. This gimbal runs on a range of voltage between 7.4 and 14.8 so if you are only using a 3s battery you can just wire it directly to your main battery. In my case I an using a 4s battery at 16.8 volts fully charged so I need something to lower the voltage going to the gimbal.
If your main battery is too high of a voltage (like mine is) then just get on of these adjustable voltage regulators and hook it between your main battery & the gimbal. https://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/de-swadj3 . I've been using them for many years and they work great!

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tom
Thanks Tom,

That does help. I figured I would be pushing it there. I fly 4s also.

CW
cwolfe is online now Find More Posts by cwolfe
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:55 AM
julius
Grenoble france
Joined Jul 2005
308 Posts
Hello,
Any one have an idear of the data logging maximum duration at 10 Hz and logging GPS and other parameter.
I tested it and I think that the memory is full in 20 minutes maximu.

Thanks

Julien
sigma_fr is offline Find More Posts by sigma_fr
Old Yesterday, 03:15 AM
United States, NJ, Cresskill
Joined Mar 2014
325 Posts
Weird... did i post this already here? OH well. sorry if i did.

Is the EZUHF receivers support sbus? I'm just going to use the module so i can change my FPV frequency
d4ddyo is online now Find More Posts by d4ddyo
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM
Chester UK
Joined Mar 2006
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe View Post
So, on to the question concerning power. My Vtx requires 7-12v (Or if you look at the top it says 7-14v)

I suppose I can tap into the 12v supply coming out of Vector. I was going to run my 2 axis gimbal off of that too.

Any problems splitting that 12v out and power both my Vtx, and gimbal? My gimbal requires a 12v power supply.

CW
I power my gimbal directly from my 4s flight battery
My Tx from the 12v vector output
My camera is a gopro with internal battery
Works great and no added weight
dodlestonian is offline Find More Posts by dodlestonian
Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,774 Posts
Failsafe question

I have a Frsky D4r-11 and have the channels mapped but can't get past the failsafe settings.What is the Vector looking for,do I set the Frsky to cut throttle on lose of signal?Heres a screen shot?This is on a quad.
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Last edited by Kauaiguy; Yesterday at 06:10 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Apr 2002
455 Posts
Yet Amother Failsafe Question (!)

Guys...

Using a DX-18 and FS capable receiver I want to set up the RTH function when my receiver goes into FS mode due to signal loss.

Can I just do this:

Establish a correct RTH (Test) function using a "Mod" switch setting
and then use this operational setting for my FS receiver setting.

That should mean that when my receiver goes into FS it will revert to the RTH (Test) I established when I set up the receiver's FS default settings just as if I were setting up a fixed wing FS setting with low throttle and a gentle turn, etc...

Kind of a clumsy explanation I admit, but do I have this basically correct ?

TIA for ant thoughts.

:harry
harrye is offline Find More Posts by harrye
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM
Joined Feb 2009
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrye View Post
Guys...

Using a DX-18 and FS capable receiver I want to set up the RTH function when my receiver goes into FS mode due to signal loss.

Can I just do this:

Establish a correct RTH (Test) function using a "Mod" switch setting
and then use this operational setting for my FS receiver setting.

That should mean that when my receiver goes into FS it will revert to the RTH (Test) I established when I set up the receiver's FS default settings just as if I were setting up a fixed wing FS setting with low throttle and a gentle turn, etc...

Kind of a clumsy explanation I admit, but do I have this basically correct ?

TIA for ant thoughts.

:harry
That's it Harry.
jarred is offline Find More Posts by jarred
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Feb 2013
1,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
I have a Frsky D4r-11 and have the channels mapped but can't get past the failsafe settings.What is the Vector looking for,do I set the Frsky to cut throttle on lose of signal?Heres a screen shot?This is on a quad.
I'm using a D4R-II in PPM mode. It has failsafe on all channels, so I just set it to mid-throttle, all controls center and RTH mode/submode.

The old "low PWM value" failsafe is not really needed with a modern RX. It came about when systems only had failsafe on throttle.

In a plane, I would still use throttle failsafe since they normally don't use an arming sequence to limit the motor.
Noircogi is offline Find More Posts by Noircogi
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,774 Posts
I figured it out,its in the manual,but after the setup instructions,so I should have read ahead instead of starting from the beginning .
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined May 2012
728 Posts
Cannot get my Vector to work. Got it all hooked up, and get perfect video and see the osd info fine. I've already updated to latest firmware, zeroed my gyro and calibrated my mag. Gone through rx wizard and everything seems fine. However, when I power my plane I'm getting this:

Error: Calibration Failure
Outputs off: bad calibration

Any idea what the problem may be? In the manual troubleshooting section it says to contact support. Now I'm just waiting on them to reply.
Hmerly is online now Find More Posts by Hmerly
Old Today, 12:38 AM
Chinchilla, AUS
Joined Apr 2007
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
Hi T.,

the spektrum data-port doesn´t support a prozentual rssi-voltage
only digital data like the amount of antenna switches, lost frames and holds are transmitted. you can show this values in the osd when choosing the data-fields - but reading those data is difficult and calculating the "health" of the rc-link is much more difficult ...
cu Thomas
sorry I missed this reply the first time, thanks Thomas. It does have me puzzled though, as the Manual says:
"In general, only “LRS” and Spektrum™ receivers support RSSI externally."
&
"Spektrum Flightlog™ - The signal pin of the “data” port of your Spektrum™ receiver normally provides Flightlog™ data, which the Vector can display."

If it doesn't support RSSI as you suggest, why is my on-screen RSSI strength value go from 0 to 95% when I connect up the Data port from the RX? What do you think it is displaying?
Trev63 is online now Find More Posts by Trev63