HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:34 PM
Look out! Mayday! Mayday!
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Jan 2012
284 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Alright. You're in, if you don't mind waiting a bit I will take your order. Confirm, please, Sir.

Best,
Chris
Thanks Chris! Order confirmed! I have no problem waiting. I'm very much looking forward to it!

RxR Armattan CNC 355 with black anodized plates and rear orange arms (if your doing orange arms on the CNC 355.)
Chingus is offline Find More Posts by Chingus
Last edited by Chingus; Nov 18, 2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Put order specifics with confirmation.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:36 PM
AMA# 980507
United States, FL, Loxahatchee
Joined Feb 2011
319 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Nice product! Too bad I missed this run. The next time you make some RxR Armattan CNC 355 DIY kits with black center plates I'm in!
Th3UmBrA is offline Find More Posts by Th3UmBrA
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:47 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,448 Posts
I haven't ordered RXR until now... does RXR include a battery?
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:51 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
I haven't ordered RXR until now... does RXR include a battery?
No.

Have you ordered batts and Tx yet?
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:51 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,448 Posts
Nevermind I found confirmation on an old posting! I must order battery!

And no, I was searching and searching and searching for the right place shipping parts etc. combination. I was going to order TX/RX/Battery/Blades from HiModel but they say first orders may be delayed shipping 5-7 days and orders with batteries cannot be shipped priority. So if I'm going to be waiting ~30 days for a battery anyway I may as well take free shipping on the TX/RX from Miracle-Mart and wait for ~30 days as well.

Oh, and I'm thinking I'll do the Devo 10. I will try using this to fly acrobatic eventually, but I also like long smooth flights for AV so I'm thinking adding telemetry will help reduce the chance I'll lose it somewhere. If I'm way off in the distance I should be able to fly by instruments right?
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by rexless; Nov 18, 2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: More details!
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:18 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Nevermind I found confirmation on an old posting! I must order battery!

And no, I was searching and searching and searching for the right place shipping parts etc. combination. I was going to order TX/RX/Battery/Blades from HiModel but they say first orders may be delayed shipping 5-7 days and orders with batteries cannot be shipped priority. So if I'm going to be waiting ~30 days for a battery anyway I may as well take free shipping on the TX/RX from Miracle-Mart and wait for ~30 days as well.
Okay, I might be able to help. I just went with the Devo 7 and really like it. I wound-up getting it in a combo deal with a Master CP from Banggood for $165 shipped. It took about 3 weeks to get to me though. When looking for the D7, I was finding them for around $100 shipped, so in my eyes I got a Master CP for $65. (I have not flown the CP yet, and I hold BThrisk responsible for this madness...Hahahahaa!)

Onto the batt: The first 3 I ordered were from Value Hobby from here in the U.S. However, it appears they do not currently ship out of the U.S. For those here, it's a really good deal and I like them a lot. 2650mah 40C for $23 ea and shipping was cheap/fast. I forgot to mention; these batts ARE NOT as heavy as advertised. They are actually 231g ea.

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...1-1v-lipo.html

The next 4 batts are from a company here in the U.S. that does in fact appear to be willing to ship to you guys in Canada. Actually they are worldwide and have warehouses in China and U.S. I found them through an advertisement here on RCGroups and there's already a thread here on them. Don't bother with the first page because its mostly speculation BS. Just go to the last page and see what they're saying.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1734415&page=8

I went with the 3000mah 40C/80C burst for $24 I just got them yesterday and have not tried them because of the strom that just blew through. They'll be fine I'm sure. Good communication, price, and fast shipping. Oh and they even threw in 12 free AA batts for my Tx...Just part of the deal. The weight on the Value Hobby batts are lighter and I also suspect but have not confirmed that these are lighter as well somewhere in the 250-260g range. If I get a chance I'll find-out for sure and let you guys know.

http://www.chinahobbyline.com/ProductShow.asp?id=2365

I should also mention both batts came with the correct connectors for your Armattan. Damn, I've let the cat out of the bag now.

Props were bought (Gemfans) from Dan. He's the guy that me and Brian pointed out earlier in this thread. If you have any Q's, just fire away...At least until the Raider game starts..

-Pat
Last edited by RCCrashTestDummy; Nov 18, 2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Oh, and I'm thinking I'll do the Devo 10. I will try using this to fly acrobatic eventually, but I also like long smooth flights for AV so I'm thinking adding telemetry will help reduce the chance I'll lose it somewhere. If I'm way off in the distance I should be able to fly by instruments right?
I'm sure the D10 would be fine and I know nothing about the telemetry options/how it works. But, if I could just talk out of my backside for a moment I'll make some speculations. There's no freaking way you're controlling this bird with "instruments" rexless this thing is VERY AGGRESSIVE, nothing like our F45's what-so-ever. And as far as "long smooth flights" well.....I'm just saying you will be to drunk with power to do so...Hahahahahaa!

You'll see what I mean soon enough. I would STRONGLY recommend you drop the stick scaling down to the 40% range until you get the hang of it. Even at 40%, you can stand this thing on it's nose, punch it and it will be waaaaay the hell out there in less than 2 seconds....Hahahahaa you'll see.

-Pat
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:15 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Apr 2012
57 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Is there anybody use the Flysky or Turnigy 9X? Just bough for 4ch copters and quad toys grade. Now I'm planning to get one of those cool quad. I'm new also with the Turnigy 9x and didn't read yet all the posts on the 9x.

Un petit bonjour de Montreal Chris ;0)
aka_TEKK is offline Find More Posts by aka_TEKK
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:46 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_TEKK View Post
Is there anybody use the Flysky or Turnigy 9X? Just bough for 4ch copters and quad toys grade. Now I'm planning to get one of those cool quad. I'm new also with the Turnigy 9x and didn't read yet all the posts on the 9x.
I'm using 9X, it's very good TX for a price but it has two main problems:

1. You must replace stock firmware with ER9X, immediately after you unbox the TX. Stock FW is 100% beepy, noisy crap

ER9X is beautiful, clean software, very easy setup and understandable menus

It was 15 min work for me, with soldering iron, JST leads and usb programmer.

2. Stock TX/RX module pair range is 200m max, i've crashed my first Armattan quite badly because i've lost range on those. My RX was used, with resoldered antenna and this could strongly contributed to the problem, swapping antennas is also option.

I've replaced it with polish eLeReS 433 mHz system, but it's not avaliable worldwide, so you could use FrSky, proven to 1.5-2km range, clone of futaba FASST.

Available as plug-play to 9X
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:00 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Apr 2012
57 Posts
Thanks for the hint!
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:02 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,740 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
What's everyone doing for a more substantial set of landing gear.

My four broke on my first flight and surprisingly the landing were soft grass.

Any suggestions of something a little more substantial?

Thanks.

Loads of fun BTW.
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:07 PM
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Joined Feb 2004
158 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
I mounted a set of Trex 450 landing gear under the main plate. Works great.
noahb is online now Find More Posts by noahb
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:11 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskim View Post

Any suggestions of something a little more substantial?
I'm also running thru landing gears like crazy

Try not to overtight the landing gear screw, i even leave some ~1mm play on the landing gear leg and it's not so prone o break.

I will stay with nylons standoff's in this or other shape just because of weight.
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:30 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,740 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb View Post
I mounted a set of Trex 450 landing gear under the main plate. Works great.
You got a link for what they look like?

And how did you attach them?

thanks
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:42 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Apr 2012
57 Posts
Chris, are you going to use this landing skids, for the new QUAD?
Closed Thread