HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:27 AM
ft. worth
Joined Jul 2004
914 Posts
Discussion
DX7 Throttle end point adjustment issue

I'm setting up a new castle 160 esc.

When attempting to perform throttle calibration I am unable to get the arrow on the throttle endpoints to move from low to high when moving the stick to the high position.

I don't remember ever having this issue before when setting endpoints. Any thoughts?
philip frank is offline Find More Posts by philip frank
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:30 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip frank View Post
I'm setting up a new castle 160 esc.

When attempting to perform throttle calibration I am unable to get the arrow on the throttle endpoints to move from low to high when moving the stick to the high position.

I don't remember ever having this issue before when setting endpoints. Any thoughts?
I use governor mode on my helis but I had a problem to where the ESC wouldn't arm. The solution was to move the throttle trim down until I heard the arming tone. Have you moved the throttle trim one way or another? If not, Castle has some pretty detailed instructions on how to calibrate endpoints in their section of the forums.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:36 AM
ft. worth
Joined Jul 2004
914 Posts
I did not mess with the trim. Will try that. I have always referred to the castle throttle calibration video on youtube in the past with no issues. I just was unable to get the arrow to move to the high position last night when attampting to to that.

I have set the throttle settings in the 160 software to set rpm and then entered desired headspeeds in the headspeed boxes on the throttle tab. That has always worked in the past. Should I try another setting besides set rpm? This is being set to a scorpion 4525-520 motor in a 90 sized electric.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:45 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
6,680 Posts
Set RPM is what I like to use because I'm into scale flight and a fixed head speed suits my flying style better. I've never had to calibrate the endpoints on a Castle ESC when using set RPM. My experience was that the ESC wouldn't arm because the throttle trim needed to be moved down. That was strange because I never had to do that before. I adjusted the trim and everything armed OK and has been fine ever since. Your issue seemed similar so maybe that will help?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:05 PM
ft. worth
Joined Jul 2004
914 Posts
i will give that a try this evening. makes sense just don't remember dealing with that in the past. thanks
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:36 AM
ft. worth
Joined Jul 2004
914 Posts
got that part handled (linear throttle curve) but have a new issue in a new thread.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 06:15 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
Here are a few videos that will help get you set up.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....stle+creations
Zeta30 is offline Find More Posts by Zeta30
Old Aug 09, 2012, 06:37 PM
ft. worth
Joined Jul 2004
914 Posts
Thanks. Calibrating the throttle wasn't the issue. That was the easy part. Getting the esc/motor to arm was the problem but a rebind the next day got'er done.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 07:57 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
6,680 Posts
Good deal, glad you got it fixed!
RCG Plus Member