HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2012, 07:07 PM
Pledged to Always Chase Wind
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
Discussion
SU 2012 Planning

This is the Soar Utah 2012 Planning thread. We will be using this thread to organize the final details of the event.

Ted has our initial schedule up the website www.soarutah.org
We were hoping to have a form on the website for guys to use to register but the cost is looking pretty high. Unless someone can donate their time to build us the form we will go ahead and have people email the information then paypal their registration fee.

We will continue posting information, questions, schedules etc... so please Subscribe to this thread now.
deputybuzz is offline Find More Posts by deputybuzz
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 07:10 PM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
FYI. We have our event AMA sanction
Insurance for Flight parks
Salt Lake County and DNR Event Permits for August 30 to September 3rd.
I reserved the flight park from Thursday to Monday this time instead of just on Saturday and Sunday.
The UHGPG President has been notified of the dates of the event and will be letting their member know to avoid the point on that weekend.
Old May 16, 2012, 02:00 PM
Draper, Ut
Joined Aug 2005
426 Posts
Why is it "PSS MOM"? Why not just "60 inch (foam?) MOM"? or "48-60 inch (foam?) MOM". That way people with 1-d's and planks can participate?
Daxanator is offline Find More Posts by Daxanator
Old May 16, 2012, 05:05 PM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
That is what it will be. We won't require a PSS plane but we want to encourage guys to fly anything they got for fun. We can update the description to include anything.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:13 AM
Soar Tow 2
West Jordan Utah
Joined Jul 2006
367 Posts
kool cant wait

Mike
mwgib123 is offline Find More Posts by mwgib123
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:00 PM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
The soarutah.org site updated with a schedule, payment and registration information. Ted has the hotel information posted.

Does anyone have some maps and driving directions to be posted? I cannot find what we printed and gave to pilots last year.

Attached is the current version of the internal schedule for the event. We need everyone to start signing up for responsibilities. So far I have Wid down as our rock star. Well he is!

Of course we will need to know every club member who will be at the event so we can have the name tags ready to go. If you know you will be there please email me(spencerdeputy@utility-trailer.com) or call me at 801-381-1684 so I can add you to the list. You can also just fill out the Soar Utah Registration form and send it the the imsfslc@yahoo.com address. Club members who are volunteering to help will of course not be expected to pay the registration fee. However if you can financially afford it please donate to our club and support our hobby. I will also pay for some extra dinner tickets for good measure.

One thing we will need to do before the even to pull out the MOM lights and Timers and flags and do some testing.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:26 AM
Soar Tow 2
West Jordan Utah
Joined Jul 2006
367 Posts
Soar UT

Hey there mister Deputybuzz, I was wondering if you could give all of the categories that you want for the trophies so I can get started, It takes a while to get the plastic all polished up. I was thinking
F3F
PSS
Scale
Pilots choice
Best crash.
If you can think of any others Let me know.
Thanks

Mike
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:37 PM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwgib123 View Post
Hey there mister Deputybuzz, I was wondering if you could give all of the categories that you want for the trophies so I can get started, It takes a while to get the plastic all polished up. I was thinking
F3F
PSS
Scale
Pilots choice
Best crash.
If you can think of any others Let me know.
Thanks

Mike

When you say PSS do mean PSS MOM?

Other then that question it looks pretty good to me. Allan Mckay is in charge of the judging so you may want to consult with him too.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:35 AM
Soar Tow 2
West Jordan Utah
Joined Jul 2006
367 Posts
Pss

PSS is power slope soar. they have always had that, is that not on the menu for this one. lots of guys have the ww2 slopers and newer jets. ok I just checked PSS is the same as MOM.

Mike
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:26 AM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwgib123 View Post
PSS is power slope soar. they have always had that, is that not on the menu for this one. lots of guys have the ww2 slopers and newer jets. ok I just checked PSS is the same as MOM.

Mike
We just wanted to give some guys the ability to race their PSS birds against each other rather then just doing halfpipes together and fun fly. I really hope we lots of little 48" war birds wanting to trade paint. It should be a lot of fun to watch.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:28 PM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
We are meeting up with Eric Stucki on Monday 8/6 at 11:30. He is bringing a State parks maintenance guy and they will be helping us mow and do some prep work for the event. Anyone is welcome to join us. We will not be doing work but just discussing what they can do for us.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:29 PM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
Still looking for some maps to all the flying sites. Would anyone like to take on writing up some driving directions and google earth images for us. We need to post them on soarutah.org and have them in the welcome packets.

Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:55 PM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
Judging

Alan Mckay and Mike Gibson

Could you please provide some judging information for us to post on the thread and on the SoarUtah.org?

Even if we just say what trophies will be given that should work. If you have a copy of the judging sheets on how the scoring will work that would be even better.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:55 PM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deputybuzz View Post
Still looking for some maps to all the flying sites. Would anyone like to take on writing up some driving directions and google earth images for us. We need to post them on soarutah.org and have them in the welcome packets.

Thanks
Got some awesome maps emailed.

Thank you Scott and Wid for those
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:41 PM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
Clean up at the point Tuesday 08/20

Just a reminder to everyone that we are meeting at the point any time after 5pm to do cleanup. Bring your mowers and edgers because most of the work is weed mowing. We do have access to a ride mower and a big Brush hog mower stored in the shed on the mountain.

And if you feeling you better bring a plane along just in case. I know I will.

I will bring some cold drinks and we will have some pizza to keep everyone full of energy.

See you all tomorrow!