SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:41 PM
United States, NC, Mooresboro
Joined Dec 2011
13 Posts
Discussion
HiTech servos

Can someone tell me about reversing a servo?
I have two HiTech servos for my aeilerons and one failed. I relplaced it with an identical H 65 Hitech but it needs to be reversed so both aeilerons don't deflect in the same direction?? It is identical to the one I removed. I am totally confused?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Terry (beemerscoot00@yahoo.com)
beemerscoot00 is offline Find More Posts by beemerscoot00
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:10 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
Are you using a Y cord? If so, you may have the new one turned 180 degrees from how the old one sat. Be sure the servo is positioned correctly and the servo arms are correct.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:31 AM
United States, OR, Canby
Joined Aug 2011
2,199 Posts
If you are using a 6 channel RX and a computer TX plug one servo in the Aux channel and select 2 servo wing type and then use the servo reverse menu.
600Bob is offline Find More Posts by 600Bob
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:39 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,460 Posts
Reversing a servo can be done, but it requires two sets of wires to be swapped around inside the unit, and is tricky with small servos.

Are you sure your replacement (or the original) is a genuine Hitec one? I've not heard of them rotating different ways. If you've installed the replacement exactly the same orientation as the old one, you need to make sure the servo arm is pointing the opposite way to the one on the other wing -- i.e. both arms should point away from the fuselage, or both should point towards the fuselage. If that's the case, and one aileron is still going the wrong way, the simplest solution is the one posted by 600Bob. Alternatively, you could switch the servo arm round 180 degrees, but that may then require you to move the horn on the aileron sideways so that the pushrod is in line.
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:37 AM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,888 Posts
If the servo arm is on the opposite side of the servo from the other servo arm, they should work correctly on a basic Y-connector. That is very strange.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:27 AM
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Jan 2011
267 Posts
Can you post a picture or 2 of your new installation showing both servos in the wing so we can better judge if there's any kind of setup issue?
midnightsabotage is offline Find More Posts by midnightsabotage
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:15 AM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,333 Posts
problem solved?
rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt