HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2014, 09:04 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edk83 View Post
I always take off in atti mode, never in gps mode.

It's not due to lack of power either, yesterday I gave it a good wack to take off and it came up to about 6ft all ok. Sat there for about 3 seconds then went 30 degrees right at a good pace! It's always right too, never any other direction. It did this on it's first flight out of the box as well, but then reboot it and it will fly perfect.

I have read about the gps drift until it has been given a long time to get a good lock. This is a gyro or sensor issue though as my gps hold works great.

I do also have an issue with it rolling over when I try and take off with less than about 60% throttle, again always to the right.

I'm going to order another mcu on it's own I think and see if that fixes it. Just wondering who else has seen this kind of thing. It's always in the same direction about the same amount on the first take off after a boot up.

My kk2 never does anything like this, neither do my cheap hubsans. My apm is pretty good as well, not as stable mind!

I thought these naza's were supposed to be easy out the box!
Can you post pictures or screen shots of your settings..
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2014, 09:32 AM
Joined May 2014
40 Posts
Failsafe over ride switch

I just finished watching the video Dennis Baldwin posted on YT on how to set up three flight modes and a forced failsafe switch on the Taranis radio. I noticed that when failsafe is initiated by turning off the radio the throttle displayed in the Naza assistant goes to fifty percent. I also noticed that when he flipped the failsafe over ride switch that the throttle stayed at zero! Is this normal?
I want to fly my DJI F 450 maiden flight this afternoon, but would like the answer to this question before I do! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
sforl is offline Find More Posts by sforl
Old Jul 03, 2014, 09:53 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
I noticed that when failsafe is initiated by turning off the radio the throttle displayed in the Naza assistant goes to fifty percent. I also noticed that when he flipped the failsafe over ride switch that the throttle stayed at zero! Is this normal?
They are two different situations.

1. When you turn the TX off all channels go to whatever radio failsafe position you have programmed. For the Naza you need the flight mode channel to go to the position that the Naza recognises as failsafe. It is recommended that you set the throttle to go to something around 40%.

2. When you flip a switch to put the flight mode channel into the position that the Naza recognises as failsafe, all channels are still responding to the TX and will reflect where the switches/sticks/etc. are at that time. If you move the TX stick while Naza failsafe is engaged you will see the throttle slider move in the Assistant. The Naza itself will however ignore all stick input coming from the receiver when in failsafe mode.
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover