Bad Creation is offline Find More Posts by Bad Creation
Old Aug 26, 2014, 03:47 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
I sure love the way the WWI birds look in the air. If Horizon does a better job with future landing gear, I may buy another one.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Aug 26, 2014, 06:38 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,134 Posts
Nice video Dale,

GB, you can always make the LG better. It's not very hard. Just put bigger wheels on and LG if necessary.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Aug 26, 2014, 08:03 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,637 Posts
Thanks guys......HH is not selling these any more So we are all out of luck if we Krash this plane...........I am sure some LHS still have then in stock
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Nice video Dale,

GB, you can always make the LG better. It's not very hard. Just put bigger wheels on and LG if necessary.
That is probably true, but I had a bugger of a time just putting the stock landing gear on my Alby, which resulted in me denting the fuse in a few spots. I am pretty gentle while working on this, but the LG was not easy to deal with my my Alby. I was able to sell it before I had any major issues, but it certainly left an impression on me.

As such, they need to come up with a better option before I lay my money down again for a WWI plane because I am all about the "Just Fly" mantra they created
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,134 Posts
I totally get it GB. I'm all about the convenience myself which is why I don't fly Balsa. and belly landers are my favorite. But I bought the Mini Switch and I like the LG on it so much, but I did have to put bigger tires on, that I love to take off from the parking lot and land there.
I know a couple of guys that will buy planes that weren't really designed for LG but they will install LG on just about anything. I sold my HK Funjet to one of them and he put trike LG on it at first he had CG issues but he got it worked out.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain