I loved the first video
redodedo is online now Find More Posts by redodedo
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:58 PM
no one knows i'm a dog
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
Thanks elCapitan. I'm planning on power sloping the Widowmaker in strong gusty shifting winds. Sometimes small details can make a big difference in extreme situations.
dawgpilot is offline Find More Posts by dawgpilot
Last edited by dawgpilot; Dec 25, 2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:35 PM
Mt. Airy, NC
Joined Aug 2004
331 Posts
Is there more to just taking out the allen screws and c clip to getting the 2812 apart??? Ive searched but cant find simple instructions and dont want to break it!

Nevermind.. Got it..
BlueDevil is offline Find More Posts by BlueDevil
Last edited by BlueDevil; Dec 27, 2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:07 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Here's my Assassin with the Headsuprc Powerup 370 Zoom motor. Best at HD quality.
Blu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy0KStYd16M
Niceee, My motor comes tomorrow.
Blu, what size prop did you go with
elliott000 is online now Find More Posts by elliott000
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:34 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
Niceee, My motor comes tomorrow.
Blu, what size prop did you go with
APC 6x4E
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:47 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,248 Posts
Who say's it's too cold to fly? Was a balmy 34 degree's today and time for more flights!
Winter Flying The Assassin Wing (2 min 26 sec)
whirlcap is online now Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:43 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Right on, Ill pick some up.. i have some 7x6 i caut down to a 6x6 on my little red motor. i guess the 6 pitch would fry the motor?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:35 AM
Foam Newbie
Melbourne, FL
Joined Sep 2010
362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
APC 6x4E
"I'm gonna get a pusher prop and mine will be faster." lol

Anyone else have a pusher prop? I ordered both and the pusher is shaped differently.
Jefte is online now Find More Posts by Jefte
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:24 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Pusher is the same just designed to spin the opposite direction inledd you have gotten a differnt profile
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:21 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,009 Posts
The old gas or glow motors only turned one direction so they needed a different prop for pusher planes. Electric motors can turn either direction so they don't need a special prop, you just change the direction of the rotation of the motor by switching any two of the three wires from the ESC to the motor and make sure the front of the prop is still facing forward and it works.

That is why we can recommend the same motor, ESC and prop for our slow fly puller Albatross as we do for the pusher Assassin and Widowmaker. The parts are all the same it is just how you set it up.

Lee
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:26 AM
Joined Oct 2012
76 Posts
Hi, Im very interested in your 20"-30" plane..But i need help cause i don't know which one to buy..
Firstly,i don't really have a huge place to play. Around a size of soccer field or half than that...
Secondly,im a beginner to flying wings.i also want something slow.so is the scythe a good choice since it comes in two pack also. But is it easy to fly cause the smaller they are, they are more agile right?
Thanks.
irsyad17 is offline Find More Posts by irsyad17
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:46 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,248 Posts
Still tweaking my Assassin. Got the winglets cut down to nearly nothing and the speed is up to what I was expecting now. Here is today's video.
Dialing In The Assassin For Speed (1 min 45 sec)
whirlcap is online now Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:33 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
Still tweaking my Assassin. Got the winglets cut down to nearly nothing and the speed is up to what I was expecting now. Here is today's video.
http://vimeo.com/56495937
You are getting great performance. Can you doppler the speed or do you have a speed gun?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:37 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irsyad17 View Post
Hi, Im very interested in your 20"-30" plane..But i need help cause i don't know which one to buy..
Firstly,i don't really have a huge place to play. Around a size of soccer field or half than that...
Secondly,im a beginner to flying wings.i also want something slow.so is the scythe a good choice since it comes in two pack also. But is it easy to fly cause the smaller they are, they are more agile right?
Thanks.
It all depends on how you build it. If you build a heavy Scythe it will be fast and ballistic. If you build them light they are gentle. A single oz makes a difference in how a plane as small as the Scythe flies.

I recommend if you want to build it to fly gentle, you look at some of the recent light build videos on the Scythe thread and copy them.

The Assassin and Widowmaker are more tolerant of being a little heavy but lighter flies better. For lower hour flyers I usually recommend the Assassin or Widowmaker. For flyers that are still building their reflexes I recommend our Albatross. All are cut from EPP foam and durable planes.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
http://vimeo.com/56495937

Nice fllying there whirlcap. Come on down any time and fly with the East Bay Boys. Your always welcome at our field.

Loved the almost snow dart move there, reminds me of Dave's touch and go he did with his.
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr