HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM
Joined May 2009
508 Posts
It only really makes sense to use one when you have vibrations you can not get rid of otherwise, i.e. from a bad motor. On my mini quad, I had one motor that vibrated like crazy, even though bearings were smooth etc.. without anti vibration mount, it was constantly waggling all over, with the mount, only the occassional twitch happened.
Arakon is online now Find More Posts by Arakon
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:00 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakon View Post
It only really makes sense to use one when you have vibrations you can not get rid of otherwise, i.e. from a bad motor. On my mini quad, I had one motor that vibrated like crazy, even though bearings were smooth etc.. without anti vibration mount, it was constantly waggling all over, with the mount, only the occassional twitch happened.
Right ...

Actually KK2.x has no advanced function, like APM or DJI that need a super precise accelerometer reading, there vibration absorbe are mandatory or in DJI build in inside the controller case

KK2.0 has already a heavy filtering at electronic level of gyro and accelerometer .. KK2.1 has it configurable ... never had any issue with KK2.0 even with bad vibrations from total unbalanced prop

If you have a motor/prop that vibrate like crazy ... this need to be cured, since it will also add mechanical stress to the frame that will likely cause a failure while flying

For the acro pure guy, my bet is that vibration dampening do also add delay on sensors that can make reactions a bit slower and washed out

So ... all in all ... vibration absorb mount for KK2.0 look quite useless
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Today, 09:21 AM
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,015 Posts
I have had lost of basic quads and have been reading up and watching youtube videos on setting up the KK2 and with a quick test after setting the P and I gains it is flying quite well. My quad is a basic X type metal frame and 550mm between the props with 10 by 4.5 props. I have a KK2.15 board with 1.6 firmware.

The main problem is the heading/yaw does not stay straight all the time and the quad turns/wanders left and right a bit and needs correction.

Following are the current settings I have which I guess are wrong in many places. I do not know if the Stick Scaling, Misc Settings or Mixer Editor settings are right. In the Mixer Editor settings there are some 100 and -100 also 71 and -71 which do not look right.

Any help in regard to these settings would be appreciated and in particular to make the heading left and right more stable.

Thanks
Col
Firepower is online now Find More Posts by Firepower
Last edited by Firepower; Today at 07:16 PM.
Old Today, 10:04 AM
Re-kitting planes since 1990
Australia, WA, Beldon
Joined Jun 2013
933 Posts
Channel 3 Rudder should be 100, not -100

Also I'd bump up the yaw I gain to at least 20, if not 30, as well as increasing the yaw limit.
nebbian is online now Find More Posts by nebbian
Old Today, 10:58 AM
Firepower
Joined Mar 2010
3,015 Posts
I increased the yaw I gain and limit.

Sorry it was a typo the Channel 3 Rudder was set at 100.

I probably should not have also changed Channel 4 Rudder from -100 to 100. I tried it and it was all over the place and could not take off.

I'll put the Channel 4 Rudder back to -100 later today and see how it goes.

It's 2 am here so I'll wait to later in the day to go in the back yard again and try it.

Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebbian View Post

Also I'd bump up the yaw I gain to at least 20, if not 30, as well as increasing the yaw limit.
Old Today, 12:45 PM
Joined Jan 2010
15 Posts
Hi guys

Any suggestions on some settings. Got a KK2.0, these are my current settings:
Aileron/Elevator P 18/85 I 22/25
Yaw P 35/25 I 40/20
Level 28/35

It was a little gusty, maybe 10MPH at stages but it really caused some issues. Heres a video, excuse the flying it was my first every FPV flight
First FPV Flight (2 min 1 sec)

Basically it shakes when trying to hold it steady, especially when descending. FPV250 quad, 6amp ESC's with 1811-2900 motors
DynaMight is offline Find More Posts by DynaMight
Old Today, 07:05 PM
Firepower
Joined Mar 2010
3,015 Posts
Quote:

I put the settings back to where I had them and fixed up the one typing error, as per the attachment.

Then I changed the Yaw I gain and I Limit. I tried both at Zero which seemed to be the best and similar to both at 10. I then took each one up separately and then together by small amounts and the higher the numbers it turned to the right more.

The frame has had a lot of bangs but still quite straight and have just had a different controller in it with no problems. Maybe change the props? Just lost my big new quad that was going to have a APM 2.5 on it but did not get it installed. Just tried to keep it up and get it back over high trees and lost origination. Bad mistake.

I guess there must be just another number somewhere that much be right? It just slowly turns to the right.

Any ideas would be great.
Last edited by Firepower; Today at 07:18 PM.
Old Today, 08:18 PM
Re-kitting planes since 1990
Australia, WA, Beldon
Joined Jun 2013
933 Posts
Firepower, the thing I'd check now is to go to the receiver test screen and see what your rudder channel is reading when your stick is centred. I bet it's not reading zero.
nebbian is online now Find More Posts by nebbian
Old Today, 08:53 PM
Firepower
Joined Mar 2010
3,015 Posts
I will not bet you. Thanks. I think I was moving the aileron right trim instead of the rudder trim to fix it. Just a bit confused as have not been adjusting quad trims lately.

I increased the Yaw I gain and limit as you mentioned.

It just now has a small wobble after moving then stopping and wanders a bit but I think I just need to get the P and I gains right but its flying good. The spreadsheet is also handy to know where to put settings back to when I get it wrong.

Much appreciated.

Quote:
Firepower, the thing I'd check now is to go to the receiver test screen and see what your rudder channel is reading when your stick is centred. I bet it's not reading zero.